The Urban Harvest Garden is a project of the Urban League of Portland and the African Women’s Coalition to provide African and African American families in inner-North/Northeast Portland neighborhood the opportunity to garden and have access to fresh vegetables through the growing season.
Urban Harvest Garden (UHG) guidelines:
• Your participation in the garden is guaranteed through the growing season of June 2014-October 2014
• The UHG provides space for local community members to grow and harvest vegetables to be used for residential purposes only.
• We ask that you take responsibility for the garden and help maintain the site by volunteering 3-4 hours per month to water, upkeep, weed, and assist with overall general maintenance
• We require that you notify us of any gardening crops planted in the plot prior to planting to ensure the safety and health of the other plants and vegetables
• If circumstances come up and you are no longer able to participate in the garden please notify us in writing at the Urban League of Portland: gro.xdplunull@reeknujz
• Accept that Urban Harvest Garden a project of the Urban League of Portland assumes no liability for persons or property in the garden space when working or visiting