The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Oregon is an advocacy organization dedicated to defending and advancing civil liberties and civil rights through work in the courts, in the legislature, and in communities. We fight for free speech, racial justice, criminal justice reform, religious liberty, reproductive rights, LGBT rights, immigrants’ rights, and more. We are organized as a nonpartisan, nonprofit, membership organization with more than 50,000 members and supporters in Oregon. The ACLU of Oregon is an affiliate of the ACLU, our nation’s guardian of liberty for nearly 100 years.
ACLU of Oregon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability and veteran status. The ACLU of Oregon also wants to encourage qualified people with justice system involvement to apply. Don’t be discouraged.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Financial Systems Support: In coordination with bookkeeper, assist in compliance with deadlines such as government reporting, submission of reports to National ACLU (audits, revenue reconciliation, affirmative action), insurance renewals, etc. Assist as needed with bank transactions, prepare check requests, vendor payment, and record keeping, production and distribution of financial reporting and preparation for annual audit. Assist, as possible, with budgeting and financial processes documentation and manuals. Work with development staff to help reconcile our various revenue reporting. Ensure expense allocations are accurately categorized and bookkeeper has the best information to work with.
IT/Communications: Manage all Information Technology systems. Maintain all staff and volunteer workstations including upgrading software and hardware as needed, troubleshooting and configuring for end users, and general day-to-day maintenance of computer network, computer server, internet connections, and databases. Ensure our organizational data is backed up in secure off-site storage. Coordinate with IT consultants on necessary projects. Administer user access for the ACLU intranet, website and systems.
Manage communications systems, including phones, copiers, and printers, including procurement, maintenance and supplies.
Office Management: Manages administrative systems; recommends office policies and procedures to Executive Director (ED) and Deputy Director (DD), and ensures compliance.
General Administrative: Ensures staffing of office reception including management and training of volunteers to greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls. Manage files, storage and archiving procedures, including updating of, and ensuring compliance with, records retention and confidentiality guidelines. Manage incoming and outgoing mail. Facilitate communication among the staff by scheduling meetings, and maintaining central calendar of meetings and events. Assist in other activities as assigned.
Facilities / Logistics: Maintain overall professional appearance of office, and coordinate with building management and janitorial staff. Supervise general office operations (heat, systems maintenance), and space management. Contract for repairs as needed. Manage purchase and maintenance of equipment and office supplies, monitor usage, and manage vendor relationships. Manage postage and meter accounts. Train and assist staff and volunteers in use of office equipment.
Personnel Administration: Coordinate with ED and DD on personnel administration, to include time sheets and payroll, benefits programs, personnel files. Facilitate postings of new staff positions, maintain and build distribution lists, and ensure postings to venues that create diverse applicant pools. Support orientation of new employees, provide training manuals and employment forms, review local and national websites and resources). Maintain contact information and signed confidentiality agreements for all staff, volunteers and interns.
Board Administration: Primary responsibility for all Board administrative functions: update board member and committee lists/contact information; coordinate agendas, minutes, and reports; prepare quarterly meeting packets; update and distribute Orientation Manual. Manage meetings, travel arrangements and reimbursement.
· Passion for civil liberties, civil rights, and the mission of the ACLU.
· At least 3 years bookkeeping/ office management/administrative support experience in a professional environment.
· Deep familiarity with pc computers and operating systems and experience managing and updating computer networks preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; proficiency with other MS software.
· Familiarity with bookkeeping and financial management principles and procedures preferred.
· Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines on concurrent projects in a fast-paced, occasionally stressful environment.
· Ability to develop effective organizational systems and understand the practices and policies that are necessary to help maintain a high-performing, employee-friendly office environment.
· A confident and professional work style, superior problem solving skills, and an ability to work creatively and independently.
· Impeccable organization skills with high attention to details.
· Excellent communication skills. The ability to communicate and work effectively with volunteers, staff, board members, and the general public.
· Attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills preferred.
· Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
· A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
· A commitment to work-life balance but must have the ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
Salary range is between $48,000 and $60,000. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, 9 office holidays; medical, vision, and dental insurance for staff members, and 401(k) plan with employer contribution and match, and direct exposure to cutting-edge civil rights work.
If you would like to make your own impact on the ACLU’s mission to protect and advance civil rights, please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the position and what you can uniquely contribute as the Operations and Fiscal Manager to: gro.ro-ulcanull@sboj. Please use the subject line: Operations and Fiscal Manager. No calls or snail mail please.
Materials received by October 25th will receive preference. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com