Supervisor: Chief Engineer
Status: Salaried / Exempt/ Union (IBEW Local 48)/ 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
The Webmaster and Full Stack Web Developer is responsible for managing all aspects of All Classical’s websites, ensuring that content is up-to-date, that the sites function smoothly and effectively, and that new opportunities are fully exploited. This position will develop the platform infrastructure and client applications that deliver live and on-demand audio, video, and other metadata to applications on websites, mobile devices, internet radios and other connected devices to a global audience. Additionally, the Webmaster and Full Stack Web Developer is responsible for the online experience of the organization’s listeners, donors, partners and employees, ensuring that All Classical’s websites are among its best assets.
· Develop software code for the All Classical Portland digital platform
· Rapid development of custom code to meet deadlines
· Stay up to date with knowledge of the latest trends, techniques and technologies
· Perform back-end programming and maintenance of website on a routine basis
· Oversee website problem resolution process with staff & public
· Build platform integrations into 3rd party platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
· Develop methods of collecting analytics from software
· Develop security methods and code
· Implementation of 3rd party API and installed software solutions
· Manage relationship with third-party provider to develop and maintain mobile applications
· Develop code for media applications for connected streaming services and devices
· Implements and maintains web site architecture, programs and scripts
· Designs information architecture and databases associated with web sites
· Designs user interfaces including menus and navigational tools to maximize web site usability
· Leads web server hardware/software administration
· Participates as a team member in web site development/design projects
· Manages online Music Playlist and interface with broadcast applications
· Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field plus 3 years’ experience as a software engineer OR 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer/developer
This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone.
· Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in web/mobile application development
· Advanced experience with WordPress and Laravel
· 3+ years’ experience with Linux systems administration, comfortable with command line, Nginx, SSH, GIT, etc.
· Experience with Angular and jQuery
· Understanding of modern programming methodology and service-oriented architecture
· Ability to contribute to managed code libraries and to write clean, secure, well-commented code
· Previous WordPress experience, including WordPress API hooks and custom plug-in development
· Proven systems analysis, design, coding and testing skills
· Experience with writing backend code in PHP and Python
· Designing and working with databases in MySQL
· Experience with web analytics software (Google analytics preferred)
· Knowledge of web hosting and DNS workings
· Skilled in shell scripting
· Knowledge of third party APIs (Facebook Connect, Google Maps, Flickr, etc.)
· UI development experience: HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, LESS/SASS, Gulp/Grunt/Webpack
· Skilled in OOP and functional programming methodologies
· Previous experience developing mobile applications
· Experience with digital media and content distribution networks
· Comfortable in MAC and PC operating systems
· Ability to evaluate technologies and suggest best tool for problem
· Experience with ecommerce, app creation, podcasting, audio and video streams
Professional Skills & Attributes:
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
· Creative problem solver who figures out how to take an idea and make it work
· Ability to integrate graphic design work into web application framework
· Interface closely with internal technical and non-technical staff to support All Classical Portland’s Mission
· Team player, able to work well with technical and non-technical staff, able to train staff on web updates/usage
· Self-motivated, innovative, and able to meet conflicting deadlines and priorities
· Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple simultaneous projects & tasks
· Comfortable learning new tools, platforms, and technologies
· Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media; interest in classical music
How we work:
All Classical Portland maintains seven FM radio stations serving Portland Metro, the Willamette Valley, Columbia Gorge and Oregon Coast. In addition to traditional over-the-air distribution, we utilize digital media technology to make live radio, archived audio and streaming video available to a global audience on many devices. We strive to provide a consistent and high-quality experience across our platforms. Because All Classical Portland serves an audience locally and globally 24/7/365, our team must be ready to respond to issues that may arise outside of normal business hours.
We seek to be very productive and subscribe to the idea that a small, highly dedicated and motivated team can produce the best classical music service on the planet. We work in a highly creative and dynamic environment, and take pride in making the most of our precious resources. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we continue to grow our listenership and expand our service and programming offerings. All Classical Portland is located at the base of the new Tilikum Crossing in a gorgeous, state-of-the-art facility with a stunning river view.
We love this music.
Send your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to gro.lacissalcllanull@rh. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
All Classical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.allclassical.org/webmaster-and-full-stack-web-developer-php-python/ →