ICAN (International Children’s Arts Network) is a radio service, the first of its kind in the nation, available on All Classical Portland’s HD-2 channel and online worldwide via icanradio.org. Through its special programming, ICAN promotes cross-cultural awareness and fosters emotional intelligence. Designed for young listeners, the network features music and literature from around the world. The content is produced locally, sourced and shared globally, and curated by All Classical Portland and regional arts organization partners. Along with music, songs, poems, and stories shared on the network, the hosts share context about the music and literature. Designed for children ages 0-12, ICAN is a resource for children, parents, grandparents, daycare centers and schools for enriching content that is safe, educational, entertaining and inspiring.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative, self-motivated Development and Marketing Associate for our children’s network. The ideal candidate possesses excellent customer service skills, marketing and social media experience and solid organizational skills. You will be part of a collaboration where you can use your personality and integrity to support the mission of a dynamic radio station, helping to carry out All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. The role includes support for the ICAN Producer in a fast-paced broadcast environment. This position is a great mix of administration, scheduling, writing, and event planning. Candidates should have superior multi-tasking and organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines. Our dynamic environment requires the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities.
- Facilitate ICAN events both at the station and with outside partner organizations
- Collaborate in the development of a social media plan for ICAN and execute social media actions
- Create blogposts and update the ICAN website
- Design and write quarterly e-newsletters for ICAN listeners
- Act as media liaison between press and ICAN’s Executive Producer, including drafting all relevant press releases
- Research, draft, collaborate on, and submit grants for continued foundation support for the network
- Liaise between Corporate Support, Traffic and the ICAN Producer to fulfill ICAN underwriting agreements and corporate sponsorships
- Assist ICAN Producer with yearly budget maintenance
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for ICAN
- Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator ICAN volunteer schedules and duties at the station and at ICAN community events
- Provide seasonal support to Development and Marketing Departments as needed for All Classical Portland
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Experience with project management, event planning and/or social media experience
- Commitment to integrity, confidentiality and ethical communication
- Creative problem solver; self-starter who takes initiative to figure out how to take an idea and make it work
- Experience in Development including grant writing, Marketing including social media, and/or Graphic Design
- Interest in and commitment to the core values of public service media; interest in classical music
- Knowledge of non-profits and radio a plus
- This position requires occasional lifting of 25-30 lbs., sitting at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time, ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily, ability to perform general office tasks such as copying, printing, delivering and using the telephone.
Pay is competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience. Membership in IBEW Local 48 may be required. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
READY TO APPLY?
Send your resume with cover letter to gro.lacissalcllanull@rh. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please. All Classical Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.allclassical.org/about/employment/ →