Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland is searching for a proven executive development professional to serve as a member of our administrative team in the role of Vice President Development.
Answering yes to the following qualifiers positions you as an ideal candidate for this position.
- Do you have five plus years of leading development or sales efforts for an organization as a proven performer?
- Do you have five plus years of proven success in leading teams in fundraising or sales and consistently meet and exceed revenue goals?
- Do you have a portfolio of demonstrated excellence in donor/foundation and/or client relations, stewardship and cultivating partnerships?
- Do you have an uncompromised commitment to equity and inclusion in all you do?
- Do you believe all children must have equal access to safe, high quality environments, programs and resources?
- Are you a proven convener, mentor and team builder?
- Are you a first-class communicator?
- Is your work inspired by the measurable return on investment for all stakeholders?
- Are you a self-starter who works with proactive initiative to make things happen?
- Do you have a proven track record of impeccable execution?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, we enthusiastically encourage you to apply.
The Vice President Development (VPD) reports to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Metropolitan Area CEO and is responsible for the strategic planning, management and execution of the Clubs development activities; budget establishment and oversight; achieving revenue goals as set forth in the budget; building a high producing development team; diversifying revenue streams; as well as some shared oversight of communications and marketing activities related to development strategies. The VP Development is charged with leading the organization’s development goals through focused donor, community, business and government relations and cultivation strategies.
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position that is eligible for a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 403 (B) and paid time off. Please submit a letter of interest, resume and application to jobs @bgcportland.org or mail to 8203 SE 7th avenue, Suite 100, Portland OR 97202. Complete job description and application form available at: http://bgcportland.org/employment/
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Contribute to the senior management team, working to ensure overall organizational health and effectiveness.
- Manage and maintain sound fiscal operations for development, including timely, accurate, and comprehensive oversight of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring, and implementation.
- Establish and lead a culture of philanthropy and brand affinity throughout the organization that fosters loyalty through comprehensive relationship-building focused on engagement through cultivation and communications.
- Lead attainment of the organization’s development goals and co-lead on marketing and communications goals that support development/stewardship strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments and outside vendors.
- Contribute to ongoing strategies of engagement and participation for Board, committees and volunteers.
- Execute short and long-range fund development plans and programs that support the organization’s values, mission, and general objectives
- Provide general oversight of the organization’s fund development activities, manage day-to-day operations of the development function, and monitor and report on outcomes/efficiencies of strategies and tactics
- Cultivate relationships to include data capture, maintenance and reporting
- Cultivate non-profit partner and foundation relationships to enhance funding capacity through collaboration and grant opportunities
- Create strategies for major gifts, campaigns and grants
- Create innovative funding strategies through digital resources (web & social)
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors, and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fund development and fundraisers
- Contribute, as needed, to special projects and grant writing
- Lead and manage Development department
- Lead Board Resource Development Committee
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the annual and long-term strategic marketing and communications plans for optimum representation and promotion of the mission and work of the Clubs
- Help with enhancing Club’s brand identity with Board
- Help with production and distribution of formal internal communications targeted to administration staff and Board
- Contribute to the creation of consistent messaging and talking points representing the mission and vision of the Clubs for leadership, staff, Board, volunteers and key stakeholders
- Contribute to the design, branding, content and maintenance of the Club’s website and social media platforms
- Participate on Board marketing and communications committee
- Contribute to the production of timely and relevant Board, donor and stakeholder communications
- Contribute to the planning and execution of external stakeholder special events, represent the Clubs at select events and meetings, and participate on relevant boards and commissions as identified by the Board and CEO
The VPD must have expertise focused on:
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity
- Proven skills in responsible, effective administrative duties management
- Proven track record of strong revenue generating performance and achievement of budgetary goals
- Strong skills in planning, organization, initiative and leading teams to accomplish collective goals
- Excellent skills in monitoring, follow-up and attention to detail
- Ability to collect, analyze data and make decisions based on information
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to positively inspire and influence peers and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record of positive relationship building among all stakeholder groups
- The skills to empower staff to lead and apply sound, creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to implement and manage systems, processes, and procedures
- Proven commitment to first-class customer service and response to all stakeholder groups
- A strong communicator to internal and external audiences, established practices of written and oral communication to stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Demonstrated cultural competencies and proficiency by effectively communicating and collaborating with persons from various cultural backgrounds, ethnic groups, and races
- Experience with, or understanding of communities in which BGCP operates and the specific barriers and challenges faced within the communities we serve is a plus
Additional Preferred Skills/Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination of education and proven experience
- Five or more years’ demonstrated experience leading revenue development, stewardship, prospecting, and new customer solicitation
- Experience with planned giving and endowment programs a plus
- Ability to work some evening and weekends
- Confident budget manager with proven success in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated success in diversifying revenue streams
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms with increasing success from online donor engagement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com