Who We Are:
Our Mission: We advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children who are in the custody of the state and under the protection of the court. We dedicate our resources to recruiting, training, and supporting citizen advocates to provide quality advocacy to as many children as we can.
Our Vision Statement: We imagine every child thriving in a permanent, safe, and nurturing family.
Our Values Statement: We strive to uphold in every action and interaction: compassion, commitment, integrity, inclusivity, justice, equity and respect.
CASA for Children supports more than 500 volunteer court-appointed special advocates (CASAs) who serve and advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children under the court’s protection and in foster care. This year over 1,100 children will benefit from their tireless and tenacious work.
CASA is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion at every level. We seek applicants who share that passion, who have lived and/or professional experience advancing equity, and who will help us as a dominant culture organization continue to learn and grow.
Where You Will Work:
1401 NE 68th Ave., Portland, OR 97213
Who You Will Report To:
Assistant Development Director
Full-Time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Years of Experience:
1+ years of paid or volunteer experience
Position Description: The Development Coordinator represents CASA in a professional manner in the community. They are a detail-oriented, articulate, self-directed and highly motivated individual. The Coordinator oversees and provides lead administrative and data entry support to the Development Department, understands and responds effectively to the needs of the individual donors, and serves as an important liaison with the community.
Things You Will Get to Do:
· Record and acknowledge all incoming donations in an accurate and timely manner.
· Help to maintain development database, including, but not limited to: entering/updating contact information, constituent codes and donor attributes and inputting in-kind donations
· Identify significant donor trends and alert Director of Development to pertinent donor milestones, updates, etc.
· Create donor, campaign, etc. reports as requested by Directors and Assistant Development Director.
· Provide accurate and appropriate constituent information for mailing projects.
· Assist in creating competency and protocol in updating donor records, adding relevant updates, etc.
· Oversee annual grant deadline tracking in database.
· Implement annual database clean-up/audit.
· Manage Constant Contact or similar database for all agency e-communication.
· Assist the Development Director in the writing, editing and data gathering for the annual report.
· Develop, write and distribute quarterly e-newsletter.
· Develop event and general fundraising collateral.
· Update content on CASA’s website and social media accounts.
· Produce original content and design layout.
· Produce press releases updating the community on CASA’s work.
· Coordinate marketing/communications efforts in support of CASA recruitment and outreach efforts.
· Monitor and archive CASA appearances in press and media outlets.
· Assist in development of annual marketing and communication strategies.
· Assist the Development team in all aspects of coordinating fundraising events including planning, printing, disseminating information and invitations, tracking responses, executing events, generating income and expense reports, and communicating with other members of staff across the organization.
· Produce content
· Manage collateral production, including programs, catalogues, and signage.
· Manage all website sponsorship and marketing content and updates.
· Manage Give!Guide efforts, promotion, reconciliation and acknowledgements.
· Manage 1,000 Thank Yous appreciation event including collateral creation, invitations, RSVPs, awards, promotion and volunteer management.
· Manage CASA Night with the Winterhawks event including collateral creation, invitations, RSVPs, promotion and volunteer management.
· Manage Columbia County fundraising event including collateral creation, invitations, RSVPs, guest speakers, promotion and in-kind donor procurement.
· Coordinate all marketing efforts to promote events across social media and Constant Contact.
· Manage one-time community engagement and fundraising events.
· Recruit, communicate relevant details and coordinate volunteers on day of events.
· Co-manage Development Intern(s) with Assistant Development Director
· Screen resumes, assist with interviews, complete reference checks
· Assist Development Director in creating and updating Board of Director annual fundraising matrix and other supporting documents
· Assist Development Director in annual donor engagement efforts, including tracking donor capacity, creating individualized goals for donor groups, and tracking lapsed donors.
· Support Assistant Director of Development with Ambassador Board related tasks, including attending meetings as needed
· Develop annual donor acknowledgment/outreach plan and strategies.
· Research potential foundation/corporate/individual donors.
· Monitor your daily work and use task lists to drive your behavior.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Some after hours and weekend hours required.
Qualifications You Will Need:
· Take responsibility for details being completed in a timely manner and avoid last minute chaos.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage a large number of tasks.
· Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Publisher.
· Working knowledge of InDesign, Raiser’s Edge & Wix (or other website platform) preferred.
· Comfortable in a database environment.
· Knowledge of how to complete a mail merge in Word.
· Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
Qualities We Are Looking For:
· Critical Thinker
· Lifelong Learner
Other Things You Will Need:
· Successfully complete criminal justice and DHS abuse registry background checks (Note: CASA checks the criminal background of potential volunteers and employees in an effort to create a safe environment for staff, volunteer advocates and for the children we serve). Your background will be evaluated based on the specific position you are applying for. Having a criminal record may not be an automatic disqualifier. CASA evaluates the results of each background check on a case-by-case basis for context and relevance to this job.
· Proof of U.S. residency
· Complete CASA’s “Knowing Who You Are” training in your first six months of employment.
Your Salary and Compensation: This position starts at $35,360 (based on 2080 full time hours at $17/hr). Compensation includes a benefits package with medical (including mental health coverage), employee assistance program, dental, and disability insurance, retirement plan, and a generous paid time off and holiday schedule to support work/life balance.
How You Can Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to gro.sdiksplehasacnull@sboj noting Development Coordinator. Please let us know where you heard of the opening so we can gauge the success of our outreach efforts. Applications are reviewed as received, so apply early for the greatest consideration. The close date is November 6, 2019 but if we find really qualified people, a candidate pool could be chosen sooner. We prefer not to receive phone inquiries.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com