– – –
POSITION: CASA of Oregon/CCRH Intern (One-year, Paid)
The position is full-time during the summer, and part-time through the rest of the internship period.
WHEN: Internship starts as early as June 1st, 2018 (no later than June 30th), and ends May 31st, 2019.
The objective of the CCRH internship is to increase staff diversity in the Affordable Housing and Community Development fields by recruiting, training, and retaining interns. At CASA, the intern will be responsible for working with the Community Loan Fund Director.
The internship is at CASA of Oregon, located in Sherwood, OR. Travel to California for training purposes (by CCRH) on three occasions is mandatory. Travel is arranged and costs are covered by the program.
You must be enrolled full-time this academic year (2017-2018) and the following (2018-2019). Priority is given to those completing their junior year or entering their last academic year.
The following are also strongly considered:
- The program targets individuals who come from low-income, rural or farm worker backgrounds, People of Color, and bilingual/bicultural individuals
- Desire to pursue a career in nonprofit housing and the community development field
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving quality of life of low income and rural communities
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of basic math calculations, good writing skills, and knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
THE ROLE OF CCRH:
The California Coalition for Rural Housing is the Internship Program Administrator and coordinates all supplemental program-related activities and trainings. CCRH works with CASA to coordinate the intern’s Work Plan and ensure that all training areas are covered during the internship period.
TRAINING OBJECTIVES AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
All CCRH interns will undergo basic common training in the field, with a primary focus on the following:
● Development of Affordable Housing
● Project Financing
● Land Use Issues
● Political and Social Issues
● Community Development Leadership Shadowing
The intern will also have the following opportunities for training and professional development in a directed learning environment (organized by CCRH):
● The Summer Training Institute – a mandatory, one-week intensive training at University of California, Davis & Mid-Winter Training Retreat- a two day skills development retreat where interns can reflect on their experience and gain additional development tools
● Final Project: Interns will present a housing development project they’ve worked on throughout the year to a mock City Council in Sacramento, to show that their project is feasible and an asset to the community
● Graduation: Participation in a special graduation ceremony in Sacramento
● Post-Internship Resources and Employment Opportunities
● Access to a lifelong network of individuals in the community development field
– – –
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 9th, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact gro.gnisuohlarurlacnull@alesiG
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://casaoforegon.org/content/casa-oregonccrh-intern →