Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community and beyond with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is currently hiring an HIV/STI Testing Counselor to provide high quality Counseling, Testing, and Referral Services to community members at risk for HIV and STI’s. The HIV/STI Test Counselor primarily conducts HIV & STI testing at Pivot, CAP’s low-barrier HIV/STI testing and prevention program located at Prism Health. Other testing sites may include CAP’s Davis Street office, public sex venues and bars, and other outreach testing sites throughout Multnomah, Washington, & Clackamas County. HIV testing shifts will include nights and weekends. Additional duties include: data collection and reporting of HIV/STI testing sessions, monitoring and managing HIV testing room supplies, data entry, HIV testing quality assurance duties, and other relevant duties as assigned. This is a half time, 0.5 FTE position.
Core responsibilities include:
• Provide high quality HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral Services in accordance with CAP guidelines and policies
• Provides staffing support to testing shifts as necessary including client intake, volunteer support, and ensuring flow during testing hours.
• Collects and reports program data in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintains HIV/STI testing rooms and supplies
• Conducts HIV/STI testing in community settings (including public sex venues and bars) as appropriate to reach highest risk MSM
• Assists with data entry into testing databases as needed.
• Participates in appropriate community, department, and agency meetings as assigned
• Provides community members with information and referrals for HIV prevention activities, care services, and recruitment into evidence based interventions
The person in this position is based out of Pivot located at Prism Health on SE Belmont. Travel throughout the greater Portland Metro area, as well as evening and weekend work are required. This position must be able to successfully complete trainings appropriate for operating HIV/STI testing technologies and screening protocols, including phlebotomy. This is a non-management, non-exempt, union-represented position.
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Strong cultural awareness of men who have sex with men, transgender, communities of color, homeless and substance use issues and how this may affect or influence service delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with team members and community stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with accountability; exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
• Computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet including social media platforms and web-based applications
• Previous professional experience working in HIV prevention
• Certified in Phlebotomy
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish
• Knowledge of health literacy and/or navigating health care and health insurance systems
• Knowledge of and experience with Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), including what it is, barriers to access, familiarity with payment assistance programs, and helping individuals navigate decision making around taking PrEP
Compensation: $17.43/hour based on the union contract; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
HIV/STI Testing Counselor Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/ →