Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people living with or affected by HIV and eliminating HIV-related stigma and health disparities. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an experienced Short Term Housing Case Manager. This is a 1.0 FTE position, which reports to the Short Term Rent Assistance Team Lead.
Responsibilities include: working with clients to develop housing plans, assisting clients in locating and securing affordable housing, mediation with landlords, completing forms, and entering data into the agency database in a timely and accurate manner. The Short Term Housing Case Manager works collaboratively and communicates effectively with clients, volunteers, CAP staff, and community partners. Other duties as assigned.
The person in this position is stationed in the CAP main office but will travel throughout the six-county service area for meetings and participant home visits. Evening and weekend work is sometimes required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Two years’ professional work experience relevant to the position
• Prior experience providing short term case management (or similar) services
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance dependence
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with community stakeholders
• Good organizational and time management skills and very strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgement
• Able to travel throughout the service area on a frequent basis
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
• Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services field (social work, public or community health, psychology) or related field
• Experience working with ServicePoint or other Homeless Management Information Systems
• Knowledge of housing laws and local housing resources
• Previous experience working with people with HIV
Compensation: $37,370.00 annually; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Short Term Housing Case Manager Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to: gro.sdiaedacsacnull@sboj
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/ →