Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people living with or affected by HIV and eliminating HIV-related stigma and health disparities. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring a Short Term Rent Assistance Coordinator to provide short term rent and eviction prevention assistance, complete CAP intakes, arrange medical motel vouchers, provide information and referral to CAP and community resources, goal planning assistance and advocacy to people living with HIV. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE position reporting to the Manager of Short Term Housing and MAI Services.
• Complete Emergency Rental Assistance applications
• Track spending for short term rent assistance programs
• Complete CAP intakes
• Work with clients to develop goal plans
• Arrange medical motel vouchers
• Complete forms, set up client files, and enter data into agency databases in a timely manner
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients, volunteers, CAP staff and community partners
The person in this position is stationed in CAP’s Davis St office, but periodic travel is required. Occasional evening and weekend work is required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Two years’ professional work experience in social services
• Prior experience providing short term case management (or similar) services
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic, and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance addiction
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with community stakeholders
• Good organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment
• Able to travel throughout the service area as needed for meetings
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish – strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in human/social services (social work, public or community health, psychology) or related field
• Experience with ServicePoint or other Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) databases
• Knowledge of housing laws and local housing resources
• Previous experience working with people living with HIV
Compensation: $41,923.00 annually; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, 2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Short Term Rent Assistance Coordinator
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/ →