This position is located in NE Portland Gateway area. The schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm.
Under Close Supervision, the Office Specialist is responsible for providing administrative services on behalf of Primary Care, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Office Specialist understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position will provide reception and front desk support, maintain clinical records, prepare cash deposits, scheduling and other administrative support duties for Primary Care.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for clients and guests; assist clients with intake paperwork.
- Provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, answering and directing incoming calls, mail distribution, requisition of supplies, managing fax transmissions and other clerical duties.
- Register and enroll clients.
- In collaboration with leadership, assure staff are submitting enrollments and terminations in a timely manner.
- Verify insurance coverage of clients, copy insurance cards, collect co-payments and issue receipts.
- Manage the waiting room, including assessing need for Clinical Triage.
- Assemble clinical and administrative materials and maintain work area to support workflow needs.
- Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols/procedures and coordinating with the treatment team with interventions which support a trauma informed environment for clients and staff.
- Demonstrate responsibility for safety of clients and property; possess working knowledge of fire regulations and evacuation procedures.
- Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Scanning of incoming documentation from outside sources into electronic file.
- Send electronic Urinalysis reports to client’s files.
- Provide input on all relevant documentation and procedural requirements.
- Complete annual employee training requirements on a timely basis as indicated in the licensing requirements for the facility as well as agency requirements.
- Attend seminars, training and other educational opportunities in order to develop professional skills and abilities.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings, supervision sessions, and other departmental and agency meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent must have at least two years of work experience in an office setting, facilities, insurance, and/or healthcare experience; or demonstrate ability to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Office or project management experience a plus.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Type 50 wpm
- Operate Computer hardware and software at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data
- Familiarity with basic office equipment i.e. fax machines, printers, copiers
- Basic skills with PC systems, including MS Windows, Word, and Excel.
Cascadia provides medical, dental, and ample Paid Time Off package (PTO), short term disability, long term disability, life Insurance, and a Vision Service Plan (VSP). Most Benefits are available to all Regular, Full time employees. Benefits are pro-rated for all employees working less than 40 hours per week and more than 20 hours. Some benefits are available to all employees regardless of FTE (403b Retirement Plan, EAP Services, 24 hour Fitness, Supplemental options).
Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected status. Cascadia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To view FAQs, benefit information and application tips, as well as other employment opportunities please visit our careers page (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1136207&d=External&r=5000320777606#/ →