Catlin Gabel believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the school’s success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The school seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
Position Title: Middle School After School Coordinator
Department: Middle School
FTE: .5 (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: MIDDLE SCHOOL HEAD
This position coordinates after-school activities in the Middle School, working with the Middle School head, assistant head, office manager, learning specialist, and teachers.
• Coordinate Middle School students in the afternoon after classes dismiss.
o Students may be gathered informally talking or playing games, doing homework, playing outside in designated areas, or attending school athletic events
o May involve coordinating with after school programs such as music, chess, math team, etc.
o Supervise after school study halls and support students academically as helpful.
• Help explain and enforce guidelines for responsible, safe behavior in the Middle School.
• Support the MS with specific tasks as needed.
• Complete required H.R. trainings each year (CPR, first aid, mandatory reporting).
• Participate in paid training activities (some may be outside regular working hours).
SCOPE OF WORK
• Recurring tasks are supervision of students. Catlin Gabel Middle School and After School Program policies serve as guidelines. Maintain phone and 2-way radio communication with other parts of after school program across the school.
• Daily interactions are with the MS staff, students, and parents.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
• The person in this position must enjoy working with and have a basic understanding of the developmental needs of middle school age students.
• The person in this job must subscribe to the educational philosophy of Catlin Gabel and strive to nurture appropriate relationships with the students as a way to further their development.
• This job requires high energy, empathy, creativity, discretion, flexibility, the ability to collaborate with team staff and the ability to follow-through, mobility, willingness to be active, and ability to lift 50lbs.
• Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability are also required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High School diploma, BA or BS from an accredited college or university (with credit hours in education, child development or psychology) is desirable but not required.
• Experience working with middle school or upper elementary age students is required.
This is an hourly position and requires 15 to 20 hours per week, between 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The daily schedule will vary and there may be opportunity for more hours of work.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT (applicants must apply via the provided link to be considered): https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=234
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=234 →