Public Relations Intern – Portland, OR – Paid, full-time
C+C is looking for a highly motivated and resourceful intern to provide support with a variety of PR and marketing accounts.
C+C is a communications agency with offices in Portland, Seattle and Boston. At C+C we are “All About The Good.” We work with clients that positively impact their communities by inspiring people to choose energy-efficient LEDs; opt for sustainable seafood; be safer on the road; take public transit; save water; recycle; compost; protect shorelines; choose a safe sex plan; and carpool, and that’s just some of our work.
Our teams work at the local, regional and national level, helping to develop and promote some of the most innovative and recognizable sustainability efforts in the nation. Along with executing top-notch social marketing and media relations campaigns, we also have expertise in video, creative services, social media, multicultural strategy, and branding.
As an intern, you’ll get full exposure to daily life in a communications agency. You will work with the team to gain experience in the following:
WRITING, SOCIAL MEDIA AND RESEARCH
• Drafting copy for social media, a media pitch, a compelling blog post, or other various writing tasks
• Providing support to execute social media campaigns
• Providing ideas during a brainstorm
• Researching a variety of topics to glean key insights and shape campaigns
MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
• Developing a media list
• Tracking media coverage
• Supporting on media pitching
• Staffing a community outreach event (could be during an evening or weekend)
· Keeping stock of office and kitchen supplies
· Running errands for project support
· Taking notes during a meeting
We are seeking organized, creative, scrappy self-starters who are passionate about doing good work and are interested in doing whatever it takes (from loading up boxes and counting inventory, to pitching media and brainstorming campaign ideas) to support our campaigns as they come to life.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• A four-year degree
• Proven writing skills (a writing test will be required for this position!)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• An ability to multi-task, work independently, and be self-directed
• An understanding of basic marketing and media relations concepts. An understanding of the journalism industry is a plus!
• A strong grasp of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
• An ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Flexibility and willingness to perform tasks both large and small
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this role. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to moc.csulpcnull@RH and reference “PDX Intern” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include a brief (300 words or less) answer to these two questions:
1) What intrigues you about working in PR and marketing?
2) Describe a project or situation where you worked with someone different than you. What did you learn?
We are looking to hire an intern for a full-time non-exempt position, 40 hours per week for three months, with a possible three-month extension, starting in September 2018. The position is paid $15 per hour.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://cplusc.com/public-relations-intern-3/ →