Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery we have a keen interest in promoting and maintaining a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. As part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace we conduct post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Supervisor- Sobering/CHIERS Program
REPORTS TO: Sobering Center Manager
SUMMARY: This position provides direct supervision and support for swing and graveyard shifts employees working in the Sobering and CHIERS Program. Perform supervisory administrative tasks, supervise Sobering and CHIERS staff and assist with essential duties when needed.
1. Oregon State certified EMT.
2. Minimum three years’ experience working as an EMT in an urban environment.
3. Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
4. High School Diploma or equivalent required 2 or 4-year degree in related field is preferred.
5. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
6. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
7. Will be required to carry a cell phone for work use. Central City Concern will provide cell phone.
8. Must have the ability to be deputized for Civil Holds by Multnomah County Sheriff.
9. Current CPR certification or must obtain within one month if not current.
10. If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of two years.
11. Must have the physical ability to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull and lift heavy clients or objects.
12. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
13. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. 14. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
15. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
16. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
CCC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org