Electronic Systems Technicians (ESTs) work in the Data Acquisition & Management Section in the City of Portland’s Bureau of Environmental Services. ESTs perform field and office work to maintain, operate, troubleshoot and repair the City’s environmental monitoring system to collect, monitor, report and manage data from 200 remote monitoring locations. ESTs perform technical duties requiring knowledge and understanding of SCADA systems, communications and network security for SCADA systems, and SQL database/historian software. ESTs design, install, calibrate, maintain, configure, operate and troubleshoot data collection, instrumentation and communication systems for monitoring sewer flow, rainfall, and pump station operations and alarms. ESTs must have and maintain the physical capability to work in inclement weather, perform confined space entries, and to perform after-hour on-call duties for emergency response for communication failures and critical system failures.
This position is represented by Professional and Technical Employees Local 17 (PTE-17). To view this labor agreement, please go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840 and click on the appropriate link.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Ability to fully participate in all field work related to data collection, instrumentation and communication systems in municipal wastewater and storm water collection system.
2. Ability to perform data evaluation and maintenance using effective troubleshooting skills and judgment.
3. Knowledge, skill and ability of standard practices and procedures to install, configure, maintain, calibrate, operate and apply network security to network enabled SCADA and communication equipment.
4. Ability to perform effective written and oral communications such as documentation for standard operating and maintenance procedures, and record information to support data maintenance, equipment tracking, and maintain system records on monitoring stations.
5. Ability to work in and around confined spaces for evaluation, inspection, repair, maintenance and installation of instrumentation, and at remote monitoring locations including underground pump stations, sewer monitors and rain gauges.
Applicants must also possess:
– A valid State driver’s license with an acceptable driving record by date of hire;
– Confined Space Entry certification required post-hire;
– In-person lift certification required post-hire;
– Limited Energy Class A Technician license required post-hire.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor? →