About the positions:
The Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Engineering Services Group is seeking candidates for two Engineer III positions in the Treatment and Pumping Systems Division (TPSD). The TPSD provides engineering services for projects at the Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment Plant, Tryon Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, and approximately 100 wastewater pump stations and associated force mains.
About the division:
The BES Capital Improvement Program (CIP) delivers approximately $100 million annually in asset improvements to sanitary, stormwater, treatment, and surface water systems. TPSD is responsible for delivering the capital projects involving the treatment plants, pump stations, and force main. The work is growing significantly over the next five to ten years and there are multiple challenging programs and projects under way. The TPSD works closely with staff in wastewater treatment plant operations and maintenance, condition assessment, safety/risk assessment, and construction inspection and management.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Experience with wastewater treatment and pump station engineering. For example: Principles, practices, materials, costs, construction techniques, current trends, regulations, standards and equipment.
2. Experience with engineering program & project management including contract administration, planning, and organization principles.
3. Experience managing budget, cost control, and administrative practices and policies.
4. Experience planning, assigning, supervising and coordinating the work of professional and/or technical subordinates.
5. Experience preparing, reviewing, approving, and interpreting engineering plans and specifications.
6. Experience communicating scientific and technical matters to non-technical individuals, including policymakers and the public.
Applicants must also possess:
-A valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire
-A certificate to practice as a registered Professional Engineer
-An Oregon Professional Engineer Certificate within six months after appointment
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?page=2 →