Engineering Associates in the Electrical specialty perform routine to intermediate electrical engineering design and construction project management or developer/building plan reviews. They may be assigned to small projects and apply technical electrical engineering knowledge to the solution of design, maintenance, improvement and construction problems pertaining to the City’s infrastructure and private development. An Engineering Associate-Electrical with the City of Portland performs work under the supervision of professional engineers who serve as resource experts and routinely review work in progress or upon completion for accuracy and quality. Persons in these positions develop project concepts using information gathered through research and investigation, perform necessary computations, conduct cost/benefit analysis, make recommendations on design criteria, and produce preliminary and final designs after approval.
This classification is represented by Professional and Technical Employees Local 17. To view this labor agreement, please go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840 and click on the appropriate link.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Knowledge of electrical engineering design, codes, and standards relating to municipal environments.
2. Knowledge of Instrumentation, control panel design and PLC programming.
3. Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management such as: contract administration and/or construction management.
4. Experience deriving information from technical documents. For example: plans, specifications, maps, complex laws, regulations and codes.
5. Experience collaborating with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. For example consultants, vendors, and co-workers.
6. Experience communicating verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including clear and concise technical documents. For example: project reports and specification
Applicants must also possess:
Ability to secure a State Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification within nine months of hire.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?page=2 →