Engineering Associates perform routine to intermediate engineering design and construction project management or developer/building plan reviews. They may be assigned to small projects and apply technical engineering knowledge to the solution of design, maintenance, improvement and construction problems pertaining to the City’s infrastructure and private development. An Engineering Associate with the City of Portland performs work under the supervision of professional engineers who serve as resource experts and routinely review work in progress or upon completion for accuracy and quality. Persons in these positions develop project concepts using information gathered through research and investigation, perform necessary computations, conduct cost/benefit analysis, make recommendations on design criteria, and produce preliminary and final designs after approval.
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices associated with Civil Engineering design.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management, such as contract administration and/or construction management.
- Knowledge of and experience with computers and software pertaining to civil engineering. Please list specific software experience in your answer.
- Experience deriving information from plans and maps.
- Basic knowledge and ability to derive information from specifications, regulations, and/or codes.
- Ability to interact effectively, problem solve, and partner with team members in a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?page=1 →