The Bureau of Environmental Services is looking for an individual to support the Coordinated Site Analysis (CSA) program. This position provides support to the CSA team by performing a variety of duties including assisting with environmental sample collection, sample delivery, data collection, data entry, and data management to support environmental investigations that support of Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) construction. This position requires a well-organized individual with knowledge and experience using ASTM, federal, state, and local approved methods to collect environmental samples (soil, groundwater, construction materials, unknowns). This is mostly a field position where employee will be required to be on construction sites and on rough terrain with proper personal protective equipment. This is a temporary seasonal position that is not eligible for benefits.
• Limited term with a maximum of 1400 hours per year (25 to 40 hours per week).
• Start Date: As soon as possible
• End Date: September 2020 with a potential option for a one-year renewal
• This position is not benefit eligible.
Please state in your resume if you have the following desired qualifications (Please note, these are not required but will be helpful)
• Knowledge or experience in environmental sample collection.
• Knowledge or experience with ESRI ArcGIS, specifically ArcMap.
• OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper training a plus.
• Familiarity with iPads/iOS and Tablets.
• Familiarity with Microsoft OneDrive and cloud computing.
• Strong sense of organization and responsibility.
• Ability to work as part of team and individually.
Our ideal candidate would possess the following:
• Degree in Science or course work in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or a closely related field.
• Knowledge or experience in data maintenance, data mapping, data quality assurance.
• Knowledge or experience conducting environmental assessments.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Knowledge of environmental processes.
2. Experience with Microsoft Excel to complete data management and analysis.
3. Ability to conduct environmental monitoring, data entry, and data assessment.
4. Ability to conduct data quality assurance and quality control.
5. Ability to carry a minimum of 40 pounds over rough terrain during inclement weather.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?page=2 →