Continue your engineering career as a Senior Engineering Associate with the City of Portland! Enjoy the ability to have work life balance while also being challenged to perform intermediate to complex engineering and project management work.
Senior Engineering Associates perform intermediate to complex engineering and project management work. The work involves applying advanced technical engineering knowledge to the solution of municipal engineering problems in the planning, design, construction management and maintenance, and review of impacts to the City’s infrastructure: water, sewage, drainage, streets, parks and traffic management systems, often through development proposals. Senior Engineering Associates are responsible for managing several projects at once. Work is performed independently but under the direction of a professional engineer. Some positions may require a valid state driver’s license.
Some SEA positions will be responsible for performing technical plan review of the existing infrastructure system through development and utility installation proposals. These positions will have a dynamic workload managing multiple reviews for building permits, land use cases, public work permits , and franchise utility proposals with critical deadlines.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Experience applying civil engineering principles and practices related to public works, industrial and/or commercial project design and construction.
2. Experience in project management, construction management, and/or engineering analysis.
3. Experience planning, designing, managing construction, performing research and/or other engineering related projects.
4. Ability to interact effectively, to problem solve and partner with team members, both internal and external.
5. Ability to effectively communicate technical information verbally and in writing to stakeholders & customers.
Applicants must also possess:
-An Engineer-In-Training Certification, i.e., passed the State Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination at time of hire.
-A valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record at the time of hire may be required for some positions
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?page=2 →