Environmental Services manages Portland’s wastewater and stormwater infrastructure to protect public health and the environment and to preserve and restore the health of Portland’s watersheds. From your Neighborhood to the River, we work collaboratively to develop and implement project solutions to most efficiently deliver the greatest system, community, and watershed benefits.
Under the direction of the Neighborhood to the River (N2R) Program Coordinator and working through an equity lens, the Community Outreach Coordinator will conduct community outreach and project delivery support to promote green infrastructure and watershed stewardship in communities where capital investment is planned. Duties will include:
-Community engagement (e.g., developing community relationships, planning, coordinating and tabling at community outreach events, leading educational outreach activities such as workshops and tours);
-Project delivery assistance;
-Program development support; and
-Information management and reporting.
Hours: 26 hours a week with a maximum of 1,400 hours per year.
Start Date: March 12, 2020
Position Duration: up to two years
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Please state in your resume or cover letter if you have the following desired qualifications (Please note, these are not required but will be helpful):
-Ability to speak a language in addition to English (specify which language on your resume)
-Experience with social media for government.
-Experience using Adobe In-Design
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Experience with stormwater management, watershed health, and/or community involvement
2. Ability to collaborate, communicate, and interact professionally with a broad range of individuals and communities with diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
3. Ability to work independently, have strong attention to detail, be flexible, manage time effectively, and handle shifting and competing work demands and deadlines
4. Experience typing, scheduling, note-taking, filing, and using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
5. Experience writing and editing content, organizing and synthesizing information, and summarizing key points and actions
6. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and other official documentation
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor?department%5B0%5D=Bureau%20of%20Environmental%20Services&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending →