The City of Portland is seeking candidates for multiple civil engineer positions to support the planning, design, construction, and other aspects of our public infrastructure. Civil Engineers complete complex engineering assignments requiring the use of judgment and initiative in developing solutions to problems, interpreting policies, and determining work assignments. Civil Engineers have a variety of professional engineering responsibilities depending on the Bureau and Division they work within.
Examples of Civil Engineers responsibilities include:
-Serve as a project engineer on difficult, complex projects
-Perform advanced professional project management
-Perform specialized engineering
-Apply advanced engineering knowledge to the solution of planning, design, maintenance, improvement and construction problems pertaining to the City’s infrastructure and private development
-Planning future system needs
-Oversee, coordinate and review the work of professional and technical personnel
-Developing, implementing and monitoring major construction and/or developer projects, from inception to completion
-Perform advanced professional construction management
-Perform specialized developer/building plan reviews
-May seal engineering plans with manager authorization
-Perform related duties as assigned
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Knowledge of theory, principles and practices of civil engineering design and project management.
2. Knowledge of principles and practices of contract administration and project management and evaluation.
3. Experience planning and managing difficult engineering-related projects.
4. Experience performing difficult technical research and analyzing complex engineering and mathematical problems, evaluating alternatives and recommending or adopting effective courses of action.
5. Experience reviewing, preparing or directing the preparation of complex plans and specifications.
6. Knowledge of principles, modern techniques and equipment used in design, construction and maintenance of various public works projects.
A Certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer by the time of hire.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor? →