Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, exempt Client Support Specialist (Customized Training) in the Economic & Community Development department. This critical position will work with internal and external customers to ensure that quality service is delivered with the ultimate goal of growing business and generating revenue. This position will be responsible for the delivery of training projects to meet the specific needs of local industry, business, and governmental agencies, including short-term and grant-funded training. The Client Support Specialist will successfully manage relationships and project details in a dynamic environment focused on customer satisfaction and positive financial results. This individual will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Clark College Economic & Community Development in order to develop and manage contract training projects and customers.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with college staff, governmental agencies and local business leaders to deliver customized training.
· Collaborate with Director of Customized Training in outreach and development efforts with the goal of securing new training.
· Communicate with instructors and customers to deliver quality contract training. Track client and instructor communication and project activity in Salesforce.
· Work in partnership with Economic & Community Development Operations team to support logistical needs of the training.
· Identify, develop and apply problem-solving methods to resolve client issues.
· Work with instructors to develop and adapt curriculum to meet specific training and organizational needs.
· Research costs and draft pricing alternatives with detailed cost analysis for training proposals.
· Coordinate pre-course planning to ensure timely registration and delivery of courses.
· Distribute and collect registration and evaluation documents. Train and coach instructors on accurate completion of registration and attendance documents.
· Perform complex scheduling and work closely with instructors and customers to arrange logistics (room scheduling, set-up, handouts etc.).
· Order textbooks and training materials as needed.
· Monitor training projects to ensure timely progress, completion and goal attainment, problem solving when variances arise.
· Oversee Customized Training budgets status relative to project activities, plans and revenue goals.
· Close out files at completion of projects to determine final accounting of program revenues and expenses.
· Administer grant projects and complete grant reporting, including budget and match tracking.
· Conduct research on prospective customers and training best practices.
· Initiate and implement instructor contracts.
· Recruit and screen new instructors. Develop and manage instructor database.
· Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Clark College ECD in order to develop and manage contract training projects for customers
· Prioritize workload in order to meet internal and external deadlines.
· Extensive use MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and SharePoint to generate reports, correspondence, training materials, and schedule appointments. Learn and utilize new technology as needed.
· Travel to campus and business locations to deliver materials and set-up training.
· Flex work hours to meet project and client scheduling needs.
· Attend meetings and/or events as a requested by Director.
· Perform related duties as required.
· Two years of relevant work experience with sales experience
· Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
· Experience in successful customer service delivery.
· Experience working in a business environment.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in budgeting OR financial tracking.
· Ability to manage large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
· High attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
· Outstanding computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required; Salesforce preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Associate’s Degree in organizational development, business OR related discipline
· Self-directed and entrepreneurial approach.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to work as a positive, collaborative team member.
· Willingness to learn and take initiative.
· High tolerance for ambiguity; desire to seek challenge.
· Understanding of the value of business relationships and community partnerships.
Salary Statement: $52,494 annually
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
Clark College Online Application
Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873).
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., October 7, 2019.
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
September 23, 2019
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php →