Position Description: This position provides administrative, operations, and communications support to our staff, including, managing the office and basic bookkeeping. The applicant must be comfortable with technology, detail-oriented, efficient, and able to manage several projects at once. This position is critical to a strong and healthy organization.
The position will:
- Oversee office operations, including maintaining supplies, office computers, and other technology.
- Assist the Communications Director with social media, website updates, and email marketing layout.
- Assist with basic bookkeeping, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Process donations and grants and maintain accurate donor records.
- Communicate with members and the public in person, phone, and email.
- Assist the Executive Director and other staff by arranging travel, scheduling meetings, and other tasks.
- Provide support for human resources staff, including processing paperwork for health insurance and retirement.
- Other tasks as required.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Experience with social media and digital communications.
- Ability to work fluently with Microsoft Office, Google Mail, and
- Apple and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to assist staff and troubleshoot technology (hardware and software).
- Desire to work with diverse populations and promote equity and inclusion.
- Ability to solve problems independently and use creative thinking.
- Passion for clean water and a healthy environment.
- Experience laying out emails, website updates, and social media posts.
- Experience writing, marketing, photo editing, and graphic design.
- Experience working with a large quantity of data and maintaining strong data integrity.
- Speaks Spanish.
- Experience with non-profit operations.
To Apply: Send an email to gro.repeekreviraibmulocnull@ofni with the subject line “Communications and Operations Assistant.” Please include a single pdf attachment titled “Your Last Name.Your First Name,” containing 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) list of at least three professional references. Include relationship to each reference. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2020, early applications encouraged.
Start date: Flexible, prefer immediate.
Columbia Riverkeeper is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com