Community Vision has an opening for a part-time assistant to support our new Assistive Technology Lab!
Community Vision is currently ranked 19 among the 100 best nonprofits to work for in Oregon; and is Oregon’s largest provider of individualized support for adults and youth experiencing disabilities. We believe that all people, regardless of perceived ability, deserve the freedom to make the basic choices that define their lives.
The AT Lab is an Education and Resource Center that aims to increase community and professional knowledge around a wide range of assistive technology — from writing aids, to tablet computers, to mobility devices — and AT’s important role in fostering independence for individuals who experience disability. The AT Lab will serve up to 300 Oregon/SW Washington individuals, professionals, support people, and families annually, through trainings, workshops, user-groups, and consultations.
The AT Lab Assistant is a part-time position designed to support the day to day operation of the new AT Lab. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve. You must have an interest in Assistive Technology and a positive outlook regarding individuals who experience developmental disabilities.
To learn more about Community Vision’s Assistive Technology Lab, please visit: http://cv-atlab.org
Target Hire Date: May 2018
Typical responsibilities include:
-Run AT Lab during “open hours” – lead guided tours and answer general questions about AT and functions of the AT Lab.
-Answer general phone/email inquiries.
-Schedule AT appointments.
-Lead/facilitate user and/or support groups.
-Navigate, install programs, and perform basic troubleshooting on Windows-based and Mac computers, iOS, and Android.
-Provide admin support for loaner program and ATP scholarship applications.
-Follow up with individuals on equipment/plan.
-Create low-tech tools/program devices under guidance.
-Data collection/input (AT follow-through, use, barriers, ATP candidates, etc.).
-Maintain and update AT Lab displays and materials.
-AT Research to support directors.
Shift Schedule: 20 hours per week, M-F with a combination of days and evenings.
Compensation and Benefits: $14-16/hour depending upon experience and qualifications.
For part-time employees, Community Vision offers PTO (paid time off) and a discounted multi state LA Fitness membership.
– Interest in Assistive Technology (experience is an asset).
– Ability to interact effectively with diverse AT users; adults, children, care-providers, parents.
– Ability to present yourself as a professional at all times – maintain a positive, healthy attitude when working with AT users, the individuals we serve, co-workers, other professionals, advocates, and other members of the community.
– Ability to act independently and function with minimal supervision.
– Ability to demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Proficiency with various computer and tablet applications (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android).
– Proficiency in basic mathematics.
– Ability to learn new technological applications and troubleshoot technological problems when presented.
– Skilled in troubleshooting AT equipment and strategies (or demonstrate a willingness to learn).
– Ability to maintain confidentiality – handle confidential information according to HIPAA guidelines.
– Have an understanding of self-determination in the disability community.
– Proficiency in a second language preferred (Spanish/ASL an asset)
– High School Diploma or GED
– TB test within 14 days of hire.
– Submit and pass a criminal background check.
– At least 18 years of age.
– Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs.
To apply please contact:
503-292-4964 x 109
Community Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Community Vision values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with our organization to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=COMVIS&jobId=192375&lang=en_US&source=CC2 →