Looking for Team-Driven Project Associate
Are you motivated by working with smart over-achievers who thrive in a team environment? Are you self-motivated, “get things done” kind of person? Do you like to take complicated ideas and make them easy to understand? Is the idea of exploring new ways of doing things exciting? Do you consider yourself a little bit weird?
Imagine if every person you work with is someone you respect. We believe a great workplace has colleagues who challenge you and create “WOW” Work Products.
DHM Research is a widely respected opinion research and consultation firm. We are non-partisan and independent and specialize in assisting public, private, and non-profit clients with planning and decision-making informed by valid qualitative and quantitative research. Our work informs public policy across communities and guides strategy within organizations.
Located in Portland, we have a national reputation for giving voice to average citizens. We work on issues that matter to people. We don’t just collect data; we tell the story behind the numbers. We pride ourselves in knowing that our work is accurate, and we place a premium on paying attention to every detail and showing concern for all aspects of the job, no matter how small. We are committed to going the extra mile for our clients and our colleagues. As a company, we do not shy away from difficult tasks and dedicate ourselves to doing whatever it takes to get the job done well. We are a woman- and minority-owned business.
Our company mission is to make a positive impact in our community. The core values of our team include: 1) people, 2) learning and challenge, 3) high quality work, 4) sustainable success, and 5) community impact. Our company culture is collaborative and creative. We take what we do seriously. We strive to make a difference.
Our stellar team is looking to add a crucial member to provide crucial support to our project managers through all stages of the research process, most specifically around visual displays of research results, and to provide operational support for online/digital research. Project Associate is a full-time position. Required skills, pay, and other details are provided below.
While we often deal in numbers, we are not a paint-by-numbers company, and we encourage you to avoid boilerplate applications. Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to Patricia Collins at moc.hcraesermhdnull@mhd. We will begin reviewing applications on February 2, 2018 and will keep the position open until February 9, 2018. The position starts February 21, 2018.
Diversity and inclusion
At DHM, we value all people. Equity and diversity in our staff is a crucial foundation for bringing the perspectives of diverse people to our work. DHM is committed to non-discriminatory and equity-based hiring practices.
What will I be doing day to day?
- Support all steps in research project life cycle, such as:
- Data entry and formatting surveys
- Compiling qualitative data
- Operational lead for chart creation and visual displays of research results
- Number checking, grammar checking and quality control
- Potential to gain experience with reporting and analysis
- Be responsible for managing internal operations for online/digital research projects, including:
- Establishing relationships with vendors
- Managing survey programming
- Monitoring data collection
- Staying abreast of best practices for evolving methodologies
- Reports to Vice President of Research, plus guidance by Vice President of Operations
What do I need to bring with me?
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework that included exposure to research and/or statistics
- Strong writing and grammar
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint for formatting, charts, tables
- Strong knowledge of Word for formatting, charts, tables
- Strong knowledge of Excel for formatting, formulas, sorting
- Creativity in data analysis and processing
- Familiarity with and interest in digital platforms as a way to engage with people
- Desire to work in collaborative, team environment
Success in this role will be defined by how well you…
- Handle multiple tasks under constant deadlines
- Adapt to change
- Collaborate with team members
- Adjust to a steep learning curve (quick learner)
- Use your time wisely
- $32,000 – $38,000
Transit and phone reimbursement
- $100 per month
Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- 100% employee
- 4% match
- Values driven & supportive workplace
- High performing team environment
- Support for work-life balance
- Super smart colleagues
- Casual office dress code
- Walkable office location
About DHM Research
DHM Research is an independent and nonpartisan opinion research firm. Our clients trust us to provide sound and actionable strategic insights that are backed by high-quality data and over forty years of experience. We are a certified woman, minority, and disadvantaged business enterprise, located in Portland, Oregon, with offices in Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Our core values include:
- Learning and challenge
- High quality work
- Sustainable success
- Community impact
We specialize in assisting public, private, and non-profit clients with planning and decision-making informed by valid qualitative and quantitative research. Our purpose is to make an impact through the highest level of independent opinion research. We give voice to average people on issues that matter to them, and we work with government agencies, communications firms, and nonprofits across the country to plan and develop smarter policies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org