Job Title: Project & Cost Accountant
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Type: Regular
DWFritz Automation, founded in 1973, has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and continues to grow! Since its inception, DWFritz has been producing brilliant automation solutions for our clients. Today, the market demand for automation combined with our world-class practices and cutting-edge technology places DWFritz on a trajectory to becoming a leading provider in the field of automation.
One thing that hasn’t changed at DWFritz is our focus on our core values, such as “Collaborate and Share the Credit,” a value that is deeply engrained in how we work together both in our US and China facilities. Our core value “Find a Better Way” promotes innovation and openness to doing things differently. It’s also the reason we have a company supported incubator program and an in-house lab.
Our World Headquarters operates from a modern, state-of-the-art facility located in Wilsonville, Oregon. Our employees enjoy standing desks, a recreation room, a fitness room, and a hearty oatmeal breakfast to start each day. Our spacious lunch room is the venue for weekly All Staff meetings and our frequent “Lunch and Learns.”
DWFritz is a wonderful place to work, with unique opportunities to participate in dynamic teams, a strong sense of culture and values, and a growing company. If you are considering a new opportunity we encourage you to check us out.
Your Finance Team at DWFritz
The Finance team at DWFritz is an achievement-driven group who strive to deliver best practices and who take pride in their role. When this team faces challenges they get the job done through open collaboration, professionalism and humor. Finding a better way and providing solutions in a rapidly growing and uniquely challenging environment is something this team thrives on. This group is known by its internal clients for understanding the business, providing options, and completing tasks better than expected. Brilliant solutions don’t just come from our Engineers, the Finance team constantly seeks opportunities to provide brilliant input and implementation to all teams at DWFritz.
You would be charged with determining the accurate cost of products, processes, projects and inventories in order to report the correct values on the financial statements. The company’s revenue recognition method is Percentage Completion method; your exposure to this method is highly desired. Your ability to develop meaningful reporting to analyze and report variances between budgeted project costs vs actual project costs will be key to success in this position. In addition, experience in developing intelligent inventory metrics and reports as well as assisting our materials team in the adherence to internal controls would be a win. As a key accounting member, you would you work closely with other Accounting/Finance members, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing and HR teams.
- Analyze and trace the underlying manufacturing activities to test, modify, and redefine the cost drivers used to assign costs to system standards
- Works with Project Management team to review, analyze, and report variances between budgeted project costs, and actual project costs.
- Works with Project Management team to report out the remaining project costs available for projects, as well as continually analyzing the potential impact on margin and profit.
- Develop easily understood analysis on relevant percentage complete measurements.
- Works with Project Management team to review and report opportunities for additional customer billings.
- With production, sales and accounting teams work to develop, analyze and maintain raw material average actual costs as well as other standard costs.
- Develops budgeted vs projected costs reporting with a forward view into estimated margins at project completion.
- Perform cost observations to verify accurate product costing.
- Understands impact of Engineering Change Orders while focusing their impact on the actual and budgeted project costs.
- Analyze inventory control practices and make recommendations on process improvements and closing process and control gaps.
- Monitors, audits and reports cycle counting results.
- Collaborates with Materials Team to ensure accurate on hand inventories, sets and measures key inventory metrics and makes recommendations to improve inventory processes.
- Participates in month, quarter, year-end close, reviews and reconciles inventory sub ledgers to the GL and other close related activities.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, yearly and Y/Y analytics and other financial reporting as needed.
- Develop internal controls that complement the Company’s goals and objectives as they relate to project and product costs.
- Assesses current state processes and implement changes where gaps or ineffectiveness are identified.
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects
- Familiarity with Percentage Completion method for Revenue Recognition.
- Understanding of Average Actual Cost and Standard Cost Methodology.
- Strong Inventory and Cost systems background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Exposure to domestic and international manufacturing environments a plus.
- Epicor or ERP experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills using Excel, other data mining tools and other report writing skills, including high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Can present findings in a meaningful fashion.
- Proven success in developing organizational operating processes as well drafting documentation.
- Actively show initiative and adapt to rapid change
- Proactive and committed to continual improvement with strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and reliably manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Your Education and Experience
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree preferable in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Cost Accounting preferably in a Project Cost Environment.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Inventory Accounting, multiple plant experience desired.
- Intimate knowledge of ERP systems and strong data mining skills are a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.dwfritz.com/job-listings.html?cjobid=YS895913129&rpid=40744&ref= →