Salary: $70,000 – $90,00
Job Status: Exempt
FTE Status: Full time
The EcoDistricts Director of Engagement leads the organization’s industry peer exchange and knowledge dissemination activities. The position has four major responsibilities 1) managing the programmatic design, communications, and overall work plan for the EcoDistricts Summit — the organization’s annual conference dedicated to advancing neighborhood-scale sustainable development practices; 2) curating the EcoDistricts Information Exchange, an online depository of district and neighborhood-scale best practices, case studies, reports, stories, and trends; 3) managing the organization’s external communications and peer exchange activities, including managing the editorial calendar and curating the organization’s monthly newsletter, blog posts, bi-monthly webinar series, and social media activities, and 4) supporting key industry workshops to advance the organization’s mission. This position requires moderate travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
Convening Curation & Management
- Plan, manage and successfully implement the annual EcoDistricts Summit and relevant industry workshops. Activities include managing all program-related activities – program design and speaker acquisition, run of show, evaluation, and event follow up
- Develop the Summit and industry workshops outreach and promotions strategy, including brand development, messaging platform, collateral, website, and social media activitie
- Develop and implement an on-the-ground outreach strategy to drive Summit and industry workshops registration and engagement
- Support Summit and industry workshops fundraising activities by securing programmatic and funding partners and diversifying revenue
- Collaborate with staff and external advisors to shape Summit and industry workshops programming and speaker and facilitation acquisition
- Manage consultant team and internal staff responsible for event logistics
- Research, recommend and implement use of tools and services to improve efficiently of program management and delivery of Summit and industry workshops
- Stay current of market trends in educational events and convening
- Mange the Summit and industry workshops Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and sustainability performance goals and performance metrics
- Assist with strategic planning and support of the EcoDistricts Incubator
- Manage CEU credit infrastructure for the Summit and industry workshops
Information Exchange and Communications
- Identify, tract and curate district and neighborhood-scale best practices, case studies, reports, and articles for the EcoDistricts Information Exchange (including audio and video content)
- Manage the annual “State of the Market Report, an annual compilation of important trends and innovative projects, best practices and stories from the field
- Manage the organization’s bi-monthly webinar series, including content development, quality control, production and delivery
- Manage the organization’s editorial calendar
- Manage the monthly e-newsletter, including content development, quality control, production, and delivery
- Produce a twice-monthly article, op ed or blog post related to important trends, innovative projects, best practices and industry leaders
- Manage and curate EcoDistricts social media activities, with an emphasis on growing the org’s social media presence and impact
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors or master’s degree in communications, journalism, public policy, urban planning, architecture, engineering, sustainability, business or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years professional work experience in related field
- Strong familiarity with principles of urban and district scale sustainable development; in the areas of community development, social and environmental justice, equity, green building, public health, and energy and climate policy, etc.
- Experience working with cities, private sector, nonprofit and / or community-based organizations
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of EcoDistricts
- Demonstrated communication skills including writing, listening, and oral communication of complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Experience managing external communications activities, including newsletters, blogs, and social media
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with ability to maintain regular and effective engagement with contacts from multiple sectors
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of program design and content development
- Outstanding organization, business fundamentals and project management skills
- Exceptional ability to see events through all phases of implementation while maintaining timelines, budgets and effectively managing expenses
- Energetic, innovative, creative self-starter with attention to detail
- Deadline oriented and creative problem solver
- Ability to work cooperatively with wide range of personalities, including staff and volunteers
- Exceptional work ethic and strong integrity
- Computer and software proficiency with Office software such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel, special analysis such as GIS, graphic packages such as Adobe InDesign, etc.
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Acquire and maintain active EcoDistricts accreditation
This position is open to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran. We strongly encourage people of color to apply. EcoDistricts provides full medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to gro.stcirtsidocenull@eigna with “Director of Engagement” in the subject line. Application due: Monday, October 16, 2017.
EcoDistricts is a dynamic and entrepreneurial nonprofit organization dedicated to just, sustainable and resilient cities and neighborhoods for all. EcoDistricts provides support and leadership for urban and community development practitioners and innovators to accelerate sustainable district and neighborhood scale sustainability.
EcoDistricts employs a collaborative, team based approach through staff developed, mutually agreed upon core values. EcoDistricts supports a healthy work-life balance and recognizes that there are tangible benefits from supporting flexible working practices and assisting employees to achieve a balance in their work commitments and their life outside work.
EcoDistricts is an equal opportunity employer
We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com