Friends of the Children’s goal is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socioemotional assets and the skills to succeed in postsecondary programs and sustainable careers. We are seeking a talented Director of Program Operations to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
Friends of the Children is at an exciting point in our trajectory. We have completed a year-long racial equity initiative, in partnership with the Center for Equity & Inclusion, and are poised to transform our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan. Additionally, we have just launched a five-year strategic plan that sharpens our programmatic focus on supporting long-term self-sufficiency for our program graduates.
The Director of Program Operations (DPO) is a new position that plays a critical role in our mission and strategic goals. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the DPO is responsible for 1) Overseeing delivery of program services for more than 400 youth, K-12; 2) Ensuring operating efficiencies across all day to day functions of the program department; 3) Monitoring and utilizing program data to ensure program quality; 4) Overseeing training and performance management for all Friend positions.
Our five-year strategic plan outlines specific objectives toward the goals of growing our program, and enhancing our ability to promote long term self-sufficiency for our graduates. The DPO is responsible for critical strategies and objectives in this plan:
- Improve professional development opportunities for Friends, and oversee implementation of a new approach to define and evaluate the professional mentoring role.
- Improve operational systems and processes across all program department functions.
- Improve utilization of program data to inform youth services.
- Increase communication and partnership with program families to better engage their support on youth achievement of Friends program objectives.
- Assess and lead improvements to organizational structure through a trauma informed lens.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply:
- You are centered in racial equity.
- You are energized by the challenge of developing new systems and processes to reflect organizational growth.
- You are committed to a strength-based approach to serving youth and families who face systemic barriers to their success.
- You are excited by the opportunity to lead an organizational shift toward a youth empowerment approach that enhances outcomes related to self-sufficiency.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance, with flexibility in managing your daily schedule.
- An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering key organizational goals.
- Generous benefits package.
We are committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://friends-of-the-children-pdx.hiringthing.com/job/52335/director-of-program-operations →