Friends of the Children’s goal is to break the cycle of generational poverty for the highest priority youth in our community. We do this through a 12 ½ year program that emphasizes development of socioemotional assets and the skills to succeed in postsecondary programs and sustainable careers.
Friends of the Children is at an exciting point in our trajectory. We have completed a year-long racial equity initiative, in partnership with the Center for Equity & Inclusion, and are poised to transform our organization through the development and implementation of a staff-driven equity action plan. Additionally, we have just launched a five-year strategic plan that sharpens our programmatic focus on supporting long-term self-sufficiency for our program graduates.
We are seeking a talented Grants Manager to join our diverse team of dedicated and passionate professionals.
The Grants Manager oversees the organization’s efforts to secure more than $1.6 million in annual foundation, corporate, and public grants. The Grants Manager must apply detailed project management skills to ensure the effective coordination of annual grant writing efforts, must maintain extensive knowledge about the Friends of the Children’s program and strategic goals, and must utilize that knowledge to optimally position the organization for grant opportunities.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply:
- You are centered in racial equity.
- You love writing and are energized by the challenge of aligning your communication goals with varied audiences.
- You are excited by the opportunity to build and sustain funder relationships.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance, with flexibility in managing your daily schedule.
- An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering key organizational goals.
- Generous benefits package.
We are committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://friends-of-the-children-pdx.hiringthing.com/job/50690/grants-manager →