Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Business Systems Manager. The Business Systems Manager works with the Director of Business Systems to manage a team of Customer Support and Onboarding Specialists who ensure a high-quality customer service and onboarding experience for potential and current members and volunteers. They lead the development and execution of girl and adult membership conversion, customer support and volunteer onboarding plans for the team to achieve annual council membership goals. They work cross-departmentally to identify, develop and implement business processes to support potential and current members.
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time, exempt position, with base compensation starting $40,000 annually.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website
- Experience in a supervisory role of multiple staff
- Strong leader and collaborative manager
- Project management experience
- High level of cultural responsiveness and a commitment to diversity and experience working effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written, and experience communicating to volunteers and the public in large and small groups, as well as on an individual basis
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships both internally and externally
- Provides excellent customer service
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills, reporting experience
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving using excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Computer proficiency at an intermediate level in Microsoft office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ease in learning new programs
- Experience with Salesforce, other CRM, or database system
- Experience creating, running, and analyzing reports
- Evaluation design and assessment experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speak, read and write
- Manages a team of staff to ensure that quality service is provided to members and council goals are met
- Manages administrative personnel tasks, including but not limited to, approving team expenses, schedules, and time cards
- Performs staff coaching, supervision and support including regular check in meetings and performance evaluations
- Manages budgets related to team travel and training
- Works closely with the Communications department to develop a communication plan for volunteer and member conversion and onboarding
- Promotes and assists with council-wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors
- Oversees and implements customer support, conversion and volunteer onboarding KPIs to ensure excellent support and customer service to volunteers and parents through communication and education to support the achievement of council program and customer experience targets
- Provides conflict resolution guidance and decision making support to staff
- Collaboratively develops KPIs with staff to meet goals for girl and adult membership, volunteer onboarding and retention, and customer support
- Builds internal, cross-departmental relationships that contribute to a team environment through strong collaborative skills and a willingness to work cross-functionally
- Works with key stakeholders to Identify, develop and implement needed business processes
- Assists the director of business systems with process development, testing of new system releases and functions in coordination with Volunteer Systems projects and national systems support
- Ensures Girl Scouts is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of equity and diversity to all members of the council
- Utilizes the council’s customer relationship management system to manage, support, and track interactions with volunteers
- Maintain timely, accurate records of activities and customer interactions in the customer relations management software
- The Location: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, near Multnomah Village.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
- Submit your application with resume via our careers site at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-355%20BUSI-002&Type=JOBDESCR
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-355%20BUSI-002&Type=JOBDESCR →