Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Data Specialist. The data specialist oversees Council data health in order to ensure the integrity of data necessary for decision-making at all levels of the council. They are responsible for regularly running and reviewing data quality reports to identify issues, investigate root causes of issues and ensure plans are made to implement corrective action. The Data Specialist conducts training for staff on data systems and serves as the staff liaison to the service unit data specialist volunteers. In this role, they provide regular communication, training and annual evaluations to assist in promoting a successful service team.
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time position, with base compensation starting at $17 per hour, $18 if Spanish/English bilingual.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website
- Highly computer proficient
- Adept at learning new software applications
- Proficient in Google Docs as well as Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce, other CRM, or database system
- Experience creating, running, and analyzing reports
- Ability to look at data proactively to identify areas of opportunity or correction
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Equally adept at working independently and as a strong collaborator in a team environment
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends and occasional overnight trips – travel will constitute less than 5% of work time
- Preferred: Spanish/English Bilingual
- Preferred: Volunteer management experience
- Monitor reports to ensure data integrity
- Develop plans for ongoing data monitoring and correction
- Identify and solve data quality issues using root cause analysis, and creating systems and training to prevent future issues
- Verify the accuracy of reporting modules against other sources
- Support staff with new report development and report modification
- Maintain and manage the Google folder and other tools to provide reports for volunteers
- Regularly review reports to ensure accuracy and improve efficiency
- Provide support to staff using GSUSA reporting tools (i.e. Looker, Salesforce, etc.)
- Compile, analyze and present data to other staff and departments as needed
- Manage and train service team volunteers who work with the service unit data, to support the needs of the service team
- Develop, maintain and conduct staff training on data systems
- Ensure the timely building of program activities in the CRM throughout the year
- Utilize the council’s CRM to manage, support and track interactions with volunteers and members
- Monitor cases in CRM and provide feedback and reminders to staff when needed
- Answer, problem-solve, manage and respond appropriately to customer inquiries
The Location: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, near Multnomah Village.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
- Submit your application with resume via our careers site at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-355%20BUSI-001&Type=JOBDESCR
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-355%20BUSI-001&Type=JOBDESCR →