Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Day Camp Experience Specialist. The Day Camp Experience Specialist works with the Director of Volunteer Membership Services to develop and implement an integrated volunteer led program delivery plan focusing on development and retention of girl membership through a Day Camp experience making the most of our amazing outdoor programming opportunities. The Day Camp Experience Specialist will train and support volunteers while providing access to program ideas as needed for each day camp opportunity.
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time position, with base compensation starting at $17 per hour, $18 if Spanish/English bilingual.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website
- Ability to recruit, select, train, and manage volunteers
- Commitment to diversity and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, some weekends and occasional overnight trips
- Strong verbal skills, with experience in public speaking
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and read and interpret written information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and creatively solve problems
- Able to cultivate individual and collaborative relationships with volunteers, while preserving the professional boundaries necessary to create and maintain effective staff/volunteer relationships
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office at an intermediate level
- Spanish/English bilingual
- Experience in Salesforce or other CRM system
- Work with volunteers to support day camp offerings, based on market-driven data and the identified needs and interests of current and prospective girl members
- Develop and present day camp volunteer training and support materials
- Collect and analyze data from day camp volunteers and participants regarding their camp experiences and expectations
- Work with each day camp to establish budget and financial responsibilities
- Develop tracking and communication methods to ensure volunteers have met membership, background check and training qualifications
- Manage volunteer conflict, as needed
- Collect and oversee necessary documentation including, but not limited to contracts, financial reports, health forms and volunteer agreements
- Work with GSOSW staff and communications to promote day camp opportunities through a variety of publications
- Collaborate with other departments on volunteer development and programming
- Ensure day camp programs incorporate the Girl Scout Leadership Experience by using activities that are led by girls themselves, feature cooperative learning, and highlight learning by doing
- Promote and assist with council-wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors
- Ensure all programs conform to the Girl Scouts Oregon Southwest Washington (GSOSW),and Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) policies, procedures and safety standards
The Location: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, near Multnomah Village. Travel will constitute 10-15% of off-season work time and 20-30% during camp sessions.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
- Submit your application with resume via our careers site at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-365%20VOLU-004&Type=JOBDESCR
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.girlscoutsosw.org/en/our-council/careers.html →