Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Membership Engagement Specialist. The objective of this role is to recruit new members by creating connections and raising awareness in the community. This person will need to be an optimistic self-starter, who is goal-oriented and thrives on meeting new people. This position requires public speaking, training groups of people, and frequent local travel.
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time position, starting at $17/hour, $18 if English/Spanish Bilingual.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales, marketing, customer service, and/or volunteer recruiting experience
- Willing to travel throughout service area to attend member recruiting events and meetings
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, as needed
- English/Spanish Bilingual, preferred
- Recruit new members to Girl Scouts
- Generate and follow-up on leads for new membership growth
- Support volunteer engagement in membership growth
- Network and build connections
- Expand market and identify new lead generating opportunities
- Maintain records of leads and new memberships in SalesForce (Customer Relationship Management system)
The Location: We are hiring for this role at two locations. This role requires significant travel to attend events, meet with leads, and volunteers.
- Portland Position: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsborough, near Multnomah Village.
- Eugene Position: This position works out of our Eugene Service Center.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply: Submit your application with resume via our careers site at:
- Portland position – https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/345251.html
- Eugene position – https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/345429.html
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/345251.html →