Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Program Team Manager. This position leads the program team specialists in delivery of quality Girl Scouts programming including STEM, highest awards, and travel adventure. The Program Team Manager supports the program team staff through building partnerships in the organization and community, providing program/project management guidance, and by removing roadblocks to meeting program team goals. This role takes the lead in implementing large-scale team events and projects. Additionally, the Program Team Manager is essential in connecting members to opportunities through the semi-annual production of the comprehensive Program Guide.
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time, exempt position, with base compensation starting $40,000 annually.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website
- Experience in a supervisory role over multiple staff
- Project / program management experience
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships internally and externally
- Computer proficient
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Public speaking
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Collaboration/team work
- Budget management experience
- Evaluation design and assessment
- Must work occasional evening and weekends to provide event support
- Preferred: Experience with Salesforce, other CRM, or database system
- Preferred: Experience creating, running, and analyzing reports
- Leads, manages, and supports program team staff
- Quality assurance of program delivery to all standards, practices, and policies
- Program Guide development and production, full-cycle from concept, to content, to sponsorships and publication
- Cultivates program partnerships with community organization and businesses
- Designs and implements program evaluations
- Works closely with Marketing/Communications department to development marketing and communications plans and materials for program activities
- Works collaboratively with other departments on projects
- Promotes and assists with council-wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors
- Ensures Girl Scouts is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of equity and diversity
- Utilizes the council’s customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to manage, support, and track interactions with volunteers
- Recruits, trains and supports volunteers serving in program-related positions on the Service Team
The Location: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, near Multnomah Village.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
- Submit your application with resume via our careers site at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-300%20PROG-005&Type=JOBDESCR
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?req=2019-300%20PROG-005&Type=JOBDESCR →