JOB TITLE: Membership Engagement Specialist
LOCATION: Eugene, Oregon
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership
Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. The foundation of diversity that Juliette Gordon Low established runs throughout Girl Scouting to this day. Our mission extends to all girls, and through our program they develop the necessary leadership skills to advance diversity and promote inclusion. We wish for all girls to see themselves reflected in the organization they are a part of, and seek to model the values of diversity and inclusion we hope to instill in them. In order to achieve these goals, we are committed to creating and fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization.
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington serves more than 25,000 girl and adult members in Oregon and Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Check out our benefits at girlscoutsosw.org/careers.
The Membership Engagement (ME) Specialist is part of a five-person outside sales team charged with an integral role in GSOSW’s membership growth: generating qualified girl and adult volunteer membership leads. She or he is committed to bringing enthusiasm and a results orientation to selling the value of Girl Scouting to new audiences within a defined geographic territory. The ME Specialist is able to quickly identify and make the most of ad hoc and planned opportunities for lead generation. She or he is equally adept at developing effective community relationships that drive local investment in fostering new Girl Scout troops. Depending on the time of year, between 50 to 75% of the ME Specialist’s work is conducted in the field.
- Meet or exceed quarterly lead generation goals for new girl membership
- Develop and implement a varied, actionable marketing plan and tools to sell the value of Girl Scouting
- Build and leverage an expansive knowledge base of community organizations and events for lead generating presentations and activities
- Cultivate a broad professional network and ask for/work referrals to develop new leads
- Maintain timely, accurate records of lead generation activities and customer interactions in Salesforce to facilitate informed intra- and inter-departmental customer service
- Create an excellent experience for internal and external customers; respond in an appropriate and timely manner to all recruitment opportunities and inquiries
- Contribute to a team environment as a strong collaborator who is able to work cross-departmentally
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree or a satisfactory combination of work and educational experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful work experience in sales, customer service, marketing, or a related field
- Intermediate level comfort using a PC and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to accept the principles of the Girl Scout movement as expressed in the Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Access to reliable automobile transportation, proof of insurance, a valid driver’s license in good standing and an acceptable driving record
- Able to work a very flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, and occasional overnight trips; field work and travel time within assigned areas (primarily day trips) will constitute at least 50% of work time
- Bicultural skills, bilingual (Spanish) skills, and/or Salesforce experience
- Personal drive, professional initiative, and eagerness to embrace the challenge of meeting or exceeding stated goals
- Optimism and imagination, including the capacity to create your own prospects and make the most of every opportunity
- Keen listening and interpretive skills; the ability adapt to customer needs and determination make the ask
- Resiliency to overcome objections or situational roadblocks, and an understanding of how and when to move on when a lead is cold
- A genuine, trustworthy, and inviting demeanor supported by polished written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, including the organizational and time management skills to handle multiple lead generating opportunities and meet deadlines with equanimity
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a regular full-time, non-exempt position offering a yearly salary of $34,300, depending on experience, and is benefits eligible. This position is open until filled.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications and resumes through our website. Please use the link below to apply:
TO APPLY: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/139928-47576.html
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/139928-47576.html →