Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Volunteer Program Coordinator
Department: Washington County (Beaverton) ReStore
Supervisor: ReStore Manager
Dotted Line: Volunteer Program Manager
Position Type: Part-time (20 hours week)/Non-Exempt
Compensation: $15.00 – $16.50/hour, pro-rated vacation, sick leave and holidays; and matching retirement plan
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects. There is never a dull day at our fast paced, exciting ReStores. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community–people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing.
Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
In the role of the Volunteer Program Coordinator, you will work in tandem with the ReStore Site Manager and Volunteer Program Manager to ensure the successful implementation of the volunteer program and programmatic goals in the Beaverton ReStore location. The ReStore Site Manager will provide day-to-day supervision and support, whereas the Volunteer Program Manager will provide programmatic instruction and staff development.
As the Volunteer Program Coordinator, you will focus on volunteer program administration and engagement within the Beaverton ReStore location. You will work with both the ReStore Site Manager and Volunteer Program Manager in establishing SMART goals for the fiscal year and work to achieve them by empowering staff and volunteers to work diligently toward the goals and mission of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East by providing an excellent experience for all of our patrons (volunteers, donors, shoppers and staff).
· Manage volunteer profiles: Receive and process volunteer applications in Volgistics
· Initiate background checks
· Coordinate individual and group volunteer schedules
· Audit volunteer hours and maintain an accurate database
· Complete and verify timesheets and other necessary paperwork for program volunteers
· Maintain volunteer records
· Build Volunteer numbers through in-store signage, staff training, and networking
· Establish relationship with closest affiliate
Onboarding and Orientations
· Conduct orientations guided by Volunteer Program Manager material and structure
· Fine tune and overlay store specific content to orientation materials
· Coordinate onboarding with special programs
In-Store Training and ongoing oversight
· Execute in-store trainings guided by Volunteer Program Manager material and structure
· Daily support for integrity of volunteer experience
· Facilitate safe work practices
· Plan bi-monthly store-specific engagement events
· Follow quarterly budget
· Provide media content to Volunteer Program Manager
· Keep volunteers abreast of goals for the day
· Ensure every volunteer has meaningful work to do
Volunteer Engagement within ReStore
· Guide volunteer engagement in the store by working with staff to ensure appropriate volunteer assignments and placements.
· Lead individual volunteers and groups in store activities
· Facilitate all-store staff engagement with Volunteers
· Focus on volunteer satisfaction, and involving volunteers in the mission and goals of the ReStore.
· Conduct volunteer surveys, intake interest assessments, exit interview, and other qualitative projects.
· Conduct volunteer performance check-ins and coach volunteers accordingly
Partner with Volunteer Program Manager and Store Manager
· Recruitment – Assist with local recruitment events and represent the ReStore at community events
· Onboarding – Fine-tune onboarding process for optimal efficiency
· Engagement – Encourage volunteers to reach the 100-hour benchmark, recognize volunteers for their contributions
· Assist with distribution of volunteer apparel
· Data Analysis – Analyze volunteer statistics and work with Volunteer Program Manager to set appropriate goals for program growth.
· Assist the Volunteer Program Manager and ReStore Site Manager in training site staff in volunteer engagement and best practices in volunteer administration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· High school diploma or equivalent and some college completion. BA or BS degree preferred; equivalent work experience will qualify.
· Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience in volunteer coordination or management.
· Strong computer skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Access to reliable transportation; valid driver license and clean driving record.
· Ability to travel throughout the Portland-Metro region and to the ReStore Development Office in NE Portland.
· Experience in group facilitation and creating positive and inclusive environment for diverse groups of people.
· Ability to multitask and complete projects with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to lead with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East.
· Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the volunteer perspective and best practices in volunteer administration.
· Ability to meet people where they are and lead to a common goal.
· Self-starter with the ability to be productive while working independently.
· Positive disposition and flexible attitude, master problem-solver, team player, thrives on social interaction.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Schedule
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds with a Team left. Schedule may include evenings and weekends. Schedule to be determined upon hire.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
· A complete resume, including dates of employment
· A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
· Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to gro.ortemdnaltroptatibahnull@tnemyolpme with ‘Beaverton ReStore Volunteer Program Coordinator’ in the subject line. Position is considered open until filled. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org