Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Clark County Habitat for Humanity Store Supervisor
Department: Clark County Habitat for Humanity Store
Reports to: Clark County Store Manager
Position Type: Full time, Non-Exempt. Must have weekend availability.
Compensation: $14 – $16/hr. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; short term disability coverage; employee assistance plan; and matching retirement plan.
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture and appliances and sells them to the public at a fraction of retail prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects.
There’s never a dull day at our fast paced, exciting ReStores. A typical shift involves loading and unloading cars and trucks, guiding volunteers, cashiering and helping customers with their awesome finds. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community-people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing.
Be a part of the solution! Put your energy and enthusiasm to work for Habitat ReStores.
The ReStore Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, anticipating and prioritizing daily maintenance of the ReStore sales floor, receiving, break room and restrooms, as well as outdoor public areas. Responsible for: planning and delegation of tasks, ensuring a clean and safe environment, engaging and directing staff and volunteers and working with management staff to fulfill all aspects of day-to-day retail operations as directed. ReStore Supervisors are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
- Collaborate and plan daily with ReStore leadership team
- Plan and prioritize daily maintenance tasks for ReStore sales floor and receiving areas
- Continually produce and maintain creative, interactive, and well merchandised displays
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of receiving dock, sales floor, break room, restroom and outdoor areas, ensuring a safe and welcoming retail environment
- Delegate daily tasks to assistant staff/volunteer partners
- Train, onboard, and develop volunteers to complete ReStore tasks and support with regular reviews and follow-up
- Greet and assist customers and donors in the store and receiving dock, including loading and unloading, measuring and answering questions
- Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of leadership team
- Site oversight, management and maintenance
- Supervision and guidance of staff and volunteers
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow safety requirements
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag
- Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance and/or team lift
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Application packets must include:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to gro.ortemdnaltroptatibahnull@tnemyolpme with ‘Clark County Store Supervisor’ in the subject line. Application packets will be evaluated as received, early submission encouraged.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org