Hacienda Community Development Corporation’s housing portfolio consists of nine low-income apartment complexes, with a total of 381 affordable housing units. Seven of these properties are located in the Cully neighborhood of N.E. Portland, one is in North Portland, and one located in Molalla.
The Resident Services Coordinator will bridge the gap between property management and residents, reducing barriers to stable housing, while increasing the social capital of our communities and supporting the mission of Hacienda CDC.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Property Management Liaison
· Identify resident issues; provide links to resources that will assist residents with continued housing
· Educate residents about property rules and policies to ensure housing stability for all
· Assist residents in the mediation of conflicts with other residents or property managers
· Conduct new tenant orientations, introducing Hacienda CDC and its programs
· Facilitate quarterly meetings with residents to maintain communications and identify community concerns
· Collaborate with partners to provide education workshops on topics such as energy savings, financial capabilities, housekeeping, safety and any other expressed or implied needs of tenants
· Create a quarterly newsletter for the properties outlining topics such as safety, Hacienda events and classes, leasing rules, resources, etc.
· Coordinate and host community events and celebrations such as National Night Out
· Conduct outreach to recruit and coordinate residents for input and feedback on neighborhood initiatives, housing developments, and other projects
· Work with partners like the Office of Neighborhood Involvement to improve community safety
· Maintain a daily log of resident interactions
· Produce required reports in an accurate and timely manner
· Maintain resident services database
· Work with Director of Asset Management when appropriate
· Complete any other tasks assigned by the Director of Youth and Family Services
Skills, Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
· Bilingual; ability to write, read and speak clearly and effectively in both English and Spanish
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule
· Express compassion and empathy for the concerns of residents, Hacienda CDC staff, and community members
· Ability to work as a team member, establish priorities, effectively prioritize tasks, remain non-judgmental, and show willingness to learn new skills though formal and informal education
· Capacity to develop professional relationships with partners and community leaders
· Willingness to learn housing rules and regulations such as Fair Housing, the Americans with Disabilities Act and reasonable accommodation
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
· Ability to work with diverse populations
$17.00 per hour plus a robust benefits package. This is a full time, 40 hours/week, nonexempt position.
Benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, alternative health care, section 125 flexible spending account, 401(k) with the option for up to a 2% company match, employee assistance program, life insurance, long-term disability, AD&D, vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit the following to Director of Youth and Family Services, Jaclyn Sarna, at gro.cdcadneicahnull@anrasj:
(1) Cover letter
(3) Three references
Position opened until filled.
Hacienda Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on religious affiliation, marital status, disability, national origin, citizenship, age, race, color, creed, sexual identity, gender identity, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. In compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act, the Agency will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com