Department of County Human Services (DCHS)
United States of America (Exempt)
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
January 30, 2019
$4,981.02 – $7,686.78 Monthly
$59,772.24 – $92,241.36 Annually
Multnomah County Department of County Human Services invites applications for Program Supervisor within the Long Term Services and Supports Program of the Aging, Disability and Veterans Services Division (ADVSD). Only apply once for this opportunity. This recruitment will be used to fill future regular, limited duration, temporary, or on-call positions at any of the branch locations. Currently we have a full-time position located at our West ADVSD Branch (Five Oak/Downtown), 209 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97204.
You have an opportunity to make a difference in the world by leading a committed, energetic and productive team in the delivery of exceptional and valued client services. If you are a looking for a job that challenges you and provides daily opportunities to grow your leadership skills you don’t want to miss this chance. You’ll develop management skills in the areas of budget and resource management, team-building, program operations and quality assurance to support your team’s success.
You are the ideal candidate if you are able to:
- Find motivation in the organization’s mission of promoting client independence, choice and dignity
- Create an environment that thrives on providing excellent customer service
- Lead and motivate individuals through an appreciation for diversity and an emphasis on mutual understanding and common purpose
- Inspire change and create a vision for the future
- Foster creativity, innovation and continuous quality improvement
- Build partnerships in the community founded in collaboration
Work in a fast paced, continuously changing work environment
- Stay collected and professional when presented with a challenge or problem
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and supervising the work of office assistants, a program specialist and other staff
- Making sure services provided match up with Federal, State, and County guidelines as well as the mission and values of the division
- Meeting with partner agencies and service providers to create and improve access and delivery of service for seniors and persons with disabilities
- Evaluating quality of services by reviewing reports, statistical data, and information provided by staff, partners and the general public
- Managing employees, including guiding, coaching, initiating performance improvement, corrective action and disciplinary action when appropriate
- Working through the complaint process with consumers over the phone and in-person
ADVSD promotes and provides older adults and people with disabilities with services and programs that encourage independence, choice and dignity. ADVSD staff determine eligibility for and administer Medicaid, Long Term Services and Supports, Older Americans Act, SNAP, and Oregon Project Independence programs. Local offices are responsible for providing appropriate social, health care, financial and protective services to all eligible persons in the least restrictive and most cost effective and appropriate environment.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
- Ability to promote a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and values
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Three (3) years of experience working with aging and disability programs
- Knowledge of Medicaid and experience working in the public sector and administering programs for older adults and people with disabilities
- Must have a valid driver license by time of hire
- Must pass a criminal background check
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
- Advanced knowledge of laws and policy related to the administration of Federal and State financial, medical and long term services and supports programs for the elderly and individuals with disabilities; this includes laws, rules/regulations and policy related to Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Older Americans Act, In-home Care, Adult Foster Homes, Residential Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Specialized Living Facilities, Enhanced Care Facilities, Nursing Facilities and the Community-Based Care Waiver
- Advanced knowledge of the Federal, State and local organizational network designed for leading, coordinating and providing services to these populations
In depth understanding of the needs of older adults and people with disabilities
Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Screening and Evaluation
The Application Packet:
(Attachments will not be reviewed unless specifically requested.) Only apply once for this opportunity. Your completed application must include the following:
- A completed online application. We will not review separate resumes or other attached files. The exceptions are one (1) cover letter and documentation for veterans’ preference.
- Attach a cover letter and limited to the equivalent of one page. The quality of your response may determine if you are moved on to the next review. Your cover letter should address why you are interested in this opportunity and how your qualifications and experiences will make you a successful candidate for this position as described in the “Overview” section above. Your cover letter also must demonstrate how your work experience and transferable skills meet the requirements described in the “To Qualify” section above.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- An evaluation of application materials to identify the most qualified candidates
- Consideration of top candidates through phone screen and/or interview(s)
- Background and reference checks
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don’t just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://multco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Multco_Jobs/job/Southwest-PortlandDowntown/Program-Supervisor---Aging--Disability-and-Veterans-Services_R-609-1 →