Inspiring Hope. Empowering Independence. For 50 years, Impact NW has been a leader in providing individuals of all ages with the skills and resources necessary to achieve success and to advocate for themselves and their communities. Impact is a diverse organization. We value the cultural, educational, ethnic and religious diversity of our team members. Our employees are passionate and compassionate and they are our strength in supporting our mission. Impact is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified individuals.
JOB SUMMARY: The Extended Day Instructor will work the SUN Site Supervisor and Extended Day Coordinator to provide opportunities for enrichment classes and activities after school and during summer camps. We are looking for folks willing to teach a range of elementary level math, science, reading and literacy, sports, computers, drama, legorobotics, and other activities as well. We also often need one-on-one assistants for students with special needs.
Location: Buckman Elementary 320 SE 16th Ave Portland, OR 97214
Schedule: 2018-19 fall after-school classes September 10-June7.
Status: Part Time, Temporary – through school year and possibly summer
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach after-school activity classes
- Supervise and instruct groups of 12-18 children, ages 5-12.
- Track and ensure academic and behavioral development of students.
- Act as a positive role-model for students.
- Ensure students are in a safe environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely meet the following requirements:
- Experience and willingness to provide learning activities to students in after school environments (generally 2:45-5:30 pm Mon.-Fri.).
- Experience working with school-aged children from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Desire and ability to work with children to ensure an enriching, positive, and safe classroom setting. Work on goals involving school-age choice and youth leadership development.
- Ability to effectively work within a strength-based, emotionally-safe, integrated youth support service delivery system.
- Ability to document work continually and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple and varied tasks;
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles, socioeconomic levels, and cultures;
- Willingness to work as a team member and support the mission and goals of Impact NW.
- Must be able to complete and pass an Oregon Background check including fingerprinting prior to start date.
- Frequent climbing of stairs
- Moderate lifting
- Orally communicate with others.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=50749&clientkey=47F252EFFFA385F43390B7B5B725CDB0 →