Impact NW started 50 years ago when a group of neighbors came together to address the growing poverty in their Southeast Portland neighborhood. Ever since, Impact NW has created life-changing partnerships with our clients to help them find their way and achieve their life goals. Key to our success is the cultural, educational, ethnic and social diversity of our employees. We tap our deep, diverse knowledge and experiences to build relationships with clients from many backgrounds and provide the extra guidance our clients desire. If you believe in what we do, join our team. Together, we can find a way.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the implementation of agency support programs that assist families and individuals accessing alcohol and drug treatment and support services. The goal of the program is to assist participants as they engage in the process of recovery from addiction. Primary responsibilities of the position include direct service to participants of the Recovery Navigation Program and Access to Recovery Program including peer mentoring, service coordination/connection, housing and basic needs advocacy, treatment navigation, enrollment in OHP and HealthCare, and person centered, trauma informed case management type services. Additional responsibilities include contract compliance, outcome attainment, coordination with key partner organizations, and assistance to HSN Program Management.
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: 40 hours/week
Benefits: We offer a generous PTO policy along with 11 holidays. Employer paid medical, vision, short term and long term disability. 401k plan with employer matching contribution, flexible work schedule, and opportunity to grow in your career through training and support.
- Screen potential clients, ensure eligibility, perform intakes, and make warm hand-off referrals to eligible services.
- Provide direct peer recovery mentoring and support services in individual as well as in group settings.
- Provide mobile outreach and engagement services.
- Ensure compliance with agency and funder documentation and evaluation requirements which support high staff productivity and quality client services.
- Implement supportive services programs as directed by the HSN Program Management.
- Effectively communicate agency policy, mission, values, and decisions to program participants, collaborating organizations, and the community.
- Accept other work assignments as assigned.
- Meet performance standards and deadlines set forth by the
- HSN Department and partnering agencies regarding quantity, timeliness, and quality of work.
- Effectively work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Work independently within given guidelines, show flexibility to best serve client needs, effectively engage clients in problem solving towards mutually agreed upon goals.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor required.
- Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) ACCBO certified required.
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to clients from diverse lifestyles and cultures.
- Confidence and resourcefulness in crisis situations and sensitivity to clients in vulnerable circumstances.
- Possess consistent professional boundaries.
- Possess cross-cultural knowledge and skills and ability to work within a culturally responsive framework.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and support Impact NW’s mission and goals. Motivate and support team members and collaborative partner organizations to effectively work within a strength-based and person-centered, integrated support service delivery model.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills as represented in report writing, interpretation of HSN
- Department directives, and effective team-building.
- Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks.
- Possess highly proficient computer skills including competency in Windows and Microsoft Office software, i.e. Access, Excel, Word, etc.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Impact NW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, disability or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=61835&clientkey=9538FF34AE399A6DACEB7D4ED1453F43 →