Impact NW started 50 years ago when a group of neighbors came together to address the growing poverty in their Southeast Portland neighborhood. Ever since, Impact NW has created life-changing partnerships with our clients to help them find their way and achieve their life goals. Key to our success is the cultural, educational, ethnic and social diversity of our employees. We tap our deep, diverse knowledge and experiences to build relationships with clients from many backgrounds and provide the extra guidance our clients desire. If you believe in what we do, join our team. Together, we can find a way.
About Our SUN Programs: SUN stands for Schools Uniting Neighborhoods, and we draw on the local resources of each surrounding neighborhood and do our best to make them available to all students at Creston, especially our most vulnerable populations of students. Together as a team, with a network of area nonprofits, and community volunteers, we administer Creston’s SUN Extended Day Program.
Job Summary: as the Extended Day Coordinator at Creston, you will work the SUN Site Supervisor to coordinate enrichment classes and activities after school. You will assist with preparing for after-school classes and will assist with student safety and student issues during the extended day program.
Schedule: 2:00 pm to 5:45 pm, Monday through Thursday (excludes holidays) + 2 hours on Fridays for admin work. Extra paid hours may be associated with seasonal evening events.
Benefits: As the extended day coordinator, you are eligible for pro-rated PTO, pro-rated self-care leave, and pro-rated medical, short term and long term disability.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Record student information for enrollment, track attendance and enter information into Multnomah County’s ServicePoint application.
- Manage enrollment at the beginning of Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer term and enter into the Service Point data base.
Prepare for each day of the after-school program.
- Assist staff and volunteers in preparing for extended-day activities.
- Serve as lead Instructor for one activity or class one day a week.
- Demonstrate cultural responsiveness with all students and families.
- Supervise groups of 15-18 children, ages 6-14.
- Teach one class each week.
- Act as a positive role-model for students.
- 3 years of experience working with children K-12.
- Cultural Competency.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Vietnamese highly valued but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Impact NW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, disability or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=63519&clientkey=9538FF34AE399A6DACEB7D4ED1453F43 →