Salary: $15.24- $16.04 hourly
Position Type: 0.80 (32 hours)
Job Summary: this position is responsible for providing information, referral, and short-term intervention and assistance in the coordination of service delivery to clients who are elderly and/or younger adults with disabilities. This position also is responsible for maintaining office data systems and completing client intakes.
- Receive and respond to initial requests for services, record pertinent information, make referrals to the appropriate internal programs and/or outside agencies; triage incoming calls from a variety of referral sources.
- Act as a screener and intake worker for the Senior program, maintain ongoing contact and follow up with key partners, communicate with Program Advocates regarding the service needs of newly referred clients.
- Develop knowledge regarding the most updated community resources, and make referrals to the appropriate services, such as housing, caregiving, medical equipment, rental assistance, energy assistance, etc.
- Act as a liaison with, coordinate and schedule appointments for Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) Program, Senior Law Project and AARP tax assistance.
- Maintain Senior Program internal Energy Assistance waitlist, screening for eligibility based on income and need, calling seniors to schedule their EA appointments.
- Responsible for payment of Home Care Worker vouchers and maintenance of accurate records.
- Schedule rooms for building use and communicate with other building partners.
- Share responsibility for center coverage, including crisis intervention and reception.
- Complete accurate, legible and timely documentation of services delivered in accordance with Impact NW’s management information system.
- Complete ongoing related reports for Program Director, ADVSD and other funders as required.
- Meet client service standards set forth by Program Director regarding quantity, type and quality of services to be delivered to clients.
- Attend regular I&A meetings, all internal staff meetings and other meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned following timelines and procedures as instructed.
Requirement and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or equivalent in social work or related field.
Minimum of two years’ experience in human services, preferably working with low-income seniors and younger adults with disabilities.
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles and cultures.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and support Impact NW’s mission and goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively work within a strength-based, integrated family support service delivery model.
- Demonstrated computer skills (especially data entry) and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Internet.
- Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple and varied tasks.
- Prepare for and pass AIRS exam within one to two years of employment.
Impact NW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, disability or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=63643&clientkey=9538FF34AE399A6DACEB7D4ED1453F43 →