Innovative Housing, Inc. (IHI) is a nonprofit housing provider that has served low-income households in the Portland metro region since 1984. We are a small, efficient team of mission driven individuals doing great things. Please read more about us at www.innovativehousinginc.com.
IHI is looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our corporate offices in Old Town, Portland.
Bookkeeping duties include the following, for multiple companies owned and managed by IHI:
· Process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner; pay invoices in a timely manner
· Process payroll in a timely manner and record PTO
· Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
· Conduct monthly bank account reconciliations
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
· Complete and file payroll tax forms for government reporting
· Enter data, maintain records, and generate reports and financial statements
· Work with IHI’s external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
· Run financial reports and assemble information for external auditors for annual audits
· Communicate with vendors as necessary
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
Administrative duties include:
· Providing administrative support to Executive Director and other staff members
· Managing IHI’s office and ensuring that office systems are operational and sufficient to meet organizational needs (phone, DSL, copy machine, postage, etc.).
· Helping plan and coordinate occasional special events like neighborhood parties, grand openings, outreach efforts, and fundraising events
· Monitoring office supply levels and reordering as necessary
· Proven bookkeeping experience and proficiency with QuickBooks desktop accounting software
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Publisher
· Experience using office machines, computer, internet and fax machines
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to interact professionally with co-workers, clients, outside agencies, and board members
· Commitment to IHI’s mission
Compensation: $40-45,000/year. Send resume and cover letter to: moc.cnignisuohevitavonninull@tnemyolpme.
Please reference the position title in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com