Youth and Family Resident Services Coordinator
Are you interested in a job where you can make a positive impact of people’s lives? Do you enjoy working with children and creating an atmosphere that allows them to flourish? Do you thrive in an independent work environment that encourages you to bring your creativity and passion into the workplace?
If so, joining Innovative Housing Inc.’s (IHI) Resident Services team is the opportunity for you! We are seeking a full-time Resident Services Coordinator for two affordable housing communities for families. IHI’s Resident Services are designed to build community and help our residents maintain their housing stability, increase their quality of life, and access opportunities.
Service Coordinators enjoy flexibility in creating their weekly schedules and have access to a number of professional development trainings through IHI and outside organizations. IHI offers competitive pay and a generous package of benefits including: fully paid medical and dental coverage; up to 5% match on employee contributions to our retirement plan, and 20 paid days off each year in addition to 10 paid holidays.
The Resident Services Coordinator will:
- Plan, publicize, and deliver after school programming two to four days per week for school age children.
- Work one-on-one with residents to help them maintain stable housing by developing sustainable budgets and payment plans.
- Help residents’ access social services, community resources, and employment support.
- Design and facilitate events and activities to build community among our residents.
- Coordinate off-site activities for teens including college visits, cultural field trips, and visits to job fairs.
- Coordinate with community partners and on-site agencies to meet resident needs.
- Design and post flyers to inform residents about services that are available and other opportunities in their community.
- Perform general offices duties related to the position (email, data entry, phone calls, etc.)
- Collaborate with the rest of the Resident Services team to design workshops, programs, and events that benefit residents across IHI’s portfolio.
- One (1) or more years’ experience working with school age children.
- Desire to work closely with low-income populations.
Experience working with a diverse population.
- Comfort working with people who have experienced trauma.
- Comfort working with people who have mental/physical disabilities.
- Comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher) and general internet usage.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insured personal vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience teaching and/or leading after school programming for school age children.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and ability to perform translation services for residents and to translate written documents.
- Strong familiarity with local service agencies and resources.
- Experience working within a trauma informed framework.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working with low-income families.
About IHI: Innovative Housing, Inc. (IHI) is a non-profit, affordable housing developer that serves the Portland metro area. We provide housing for low and moderate income individuals and families and, because we recognize that quality, affordable housing requires more than just bricks and mortar, IHI invests in a vibrant Resident Services Program. IHI currently provides Resident Services at 13 housing sites in the Portland metro area. Learn more about Innovative Housing and its Resident Services program at www.innovativehousinginc.com.
Compensation: $38,000 to $42,000 annually along with a competitive benefits package.
Interested in joining the team?
Send a resume and cover letter to moc.cnignisuohevitavonninull@tnemyolpmE
To apply for this job email your details to EMPLOYMENT@INNOVATIVEHSOUINGINC.COM