SUMMARY: The Direct Care Staff is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of a residential independent living treatment program for males, ages 17-21, who are re-entering the community from close custody juvenile correction institutions. The position provides assistance to the Primary Direct Care Staff/Assistant Supervisor in creating and implementing Independent Living Curriculum and in assuming duties, as needed, during absences. The position also provides orientation and program overview to new intakes.
SCHEDULE: Sun. 3 pm to 11 pm, Wed. 2 pm to 11 pm, Thurs. 4 pm to 11pm, Sat. 3pm to 12pm plus additional hours for staff meetings and supervision. However, this schedule may be adjusted according to the needs of the program
WAGE/BENEFITS: $11.81 per hour. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to Patti Noonan, c/o 707 NE Couch St, Portland, OR 97232, by e-mail to gro.htuoysunajnull@nanoonp”>gro.htuoysunajnull@nanoonp, or through Paycom.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we can contact only those applicants who are invited to interview. If it happens that you are not contacted to arrange an interview, please know that we are grateful for your interest in employment opportunities at Janus Youth Programs.
Janus Youth Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find out more about Janus at our website, www.janusyouth.org!
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
· Bachelor’s degree in mental health, social work, juvenile justice, or related field or two years’ experience working with youth is preferred. (Note: No less than 50 percent of the Direct Care Staff shall have a Bachelor’s Degree.)
· Previous relevant experience and familiarity with applicable resources preferred.
· Experience and clinical training working with delinquent or emotionally disturbed adolescents, at least one of which has been in a residential setting, is strongly preferred.
· Preference may be extended to current employees of Janus Youth Programs, Inc.
· Must value working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
· Ability to work effectively and act on the agenda of the program.
· Requires working effectively within a team dependent environment.
· Ability to problem solve, exercise independent judgment within program guidelines, and respond to crisis situations.
· Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
· Ability to effectively monitor safety and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
· Ability to remain calm and emotionally available in an environment that serves at-risk and troubled adolescents
· Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shift and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of the position.
· Ability to accurately read, record, interpret and convey information.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including clients, co-workers, management staff, and identified community partners.
· Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
· Ability to climb at least 2 flights of stairs.
· Ability to provide visual and auditory supervision of clients.
· Ability to escort and supervise clients in the community which may require standing and walking up to an hour at one time.
· Ability to accurately log the outcome of client meetings and planning sessions.
· Ability to direct clients to resource groups in the community for assistance
· Ability to problem solve while keeping in mind the best interest and welfare of the client.
· Ability to stay awake and alert throughout assigned shift.
· Demonstrated ability to accept feedback and supervision and act upon feedback provided.
· Extensive exercise of independent and team-coordinated direction and judgment.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse cultures.
· Perform and/or supervise routine household tasks (cleaning, cooking, emptying trash, etc.)
· Manual/Physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine office and household functions (i.e., phone use, filing, faxing, copying, computer use, cleaning, etc.).
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
· Personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is preferred. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes, must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability coverage, and a driving record permitting coverage under the corporate auto liability policy. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes more than once a week (4 times per month on average) must have and maintain personal auto liability insurance at the $100,000/$300,000 level. All employees who drive for work purposes must first complete the Agency’s driving approval process. This applies regardless of whether driving an Agency or personal vehicle and regardless of whether driving with or without clients.
· Bloodborne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment and annually thereafter.
· Food Handler’s Certification.
· Must complete Mandatory Abuse Training within the first 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
· Must obtain National Provider Identification Number through the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System.
· Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current standard first-aid/CPR certification.
· Must pass criminal history check.
· May involve exposure to communicable diseases, including a variety of illnesses and infections such as the common cold, TB, Hepatitis, flu, meningitis, and HIV.
· May involve exposure to upset, angry, severely traumatized or emotionally disturbed children, adolescents and families.
· Position may require some overtime, including evening and weekend hours.
· Position may require working and providing services at a location other than the primary location such as clients’ apartments, homes or restaurants and cafes. As a result, worker may find themselves exposed to conditions not typically found in a residential setting or within the control of employer (i.e., second-hand smoke, varying hygiene practices, etc.).
DIVERSITY SPOKEN HERE – JANUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?clientkey=B2769BCD28C361F478D256B9462A3454&jpt=&job=33331 →