JOIN (joinpdx.org) is a non-profit organization that exists to support the efforts individuals and families experiencing homelessness to transition off the streets and into permanent housing. We are inspired by the vision of a community where everyone has a place to call home.
JOIN has an organizational commitment to equity and inclusion, and to ensure that programs and staff culture are equitable in both access and outcomes regardless of race, ethnicity, faith, culture, language, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or family status.
This is a salaried exempt position with some evening and weekend work that provides housing stabilization support for people recently housed through JOIN’s Outreach and InReach teams as well as the Mobile Housing Team for families. JOIN’s retention efforts seek to empower people to maintain permanent, independent housing through acquiring income, promoting physical and emotional health, and building community. Retention Workers need to be able to build authentic relationships and work effectively with people experiencing homelessness, regardless of their backgrounds, language, family histories and household composition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide home visits to recently housed program participants in support of their self-determined housing stability plan. A personal vehicle and valid Driver’s License is required.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with resident services coordinators, property managers and management companies to support housing stability and to create avenues for advocacy when a household’s tenancy is at risk.
· Coordinate and support referrals to services at partner agencies, including disability benefits acquisition, employment assistance and workforce training.
· Provide support and advocacy to enhance access to system resources
· Use Ecomapping, Harm Reduction, Assertive Engagement and team case staffing strategies
· Plan and implement social events, community volunteer experiences, and civic engagement opportunities for program participants.
Education, Experience, Qualities, or Specialized Training
· Demonstrated respect for the value of diversity and equity required; an ability to work with people from all backgrounds in an inclusive and meaningful way. Experience providing culturally specific services is preferred.
· Proficiency in more than one language, in addition to English preferred
· Position requires frequent trips up and down stairs, extended periods of city driving, and the ability to lift 50lbs.
· Full Time Non-exempt: $34,000 w/100% employer paid Health Benefits (medical & dental benefits for employee and all dependents), employer paid Long and Short term disability benefit, employer paid $50,000 Life insurance, unmatched 403(b), flex plan, 10 days paid vacation, 168 hours PTO, 8 hours/mo paid community involvement program, 2 weeks paid parental leave, paid bereavement leave, telecommuting opportunities, and an 8 week paid sabbatical after 7 years of employment.
How to Submit an Application
Send a cover letter and resume, as an attachment with your name included in the file, to gro.xdpniojnull@gnirih. Incomplete applications will not be processed. This posting will remain open until position is filled.
As a second attachment NOT in your cover letter, please address the following two questions:
1. Homelessness disproportionately effects people of color and in our community. The most recent data reveals a 43% increase in homelessness among the African American community. Please describe your experience (personal, professional, volunteer, etc.) providing culturally specific or relevant services and/or your ability to work across cultures.
2. Tell us how you would balance the relationship and advocacy for a tenant you are supporting with the relationship you have with the property manager where this tenant lives when issues arise at the property.
An electronic acknowledgement will be sent upon application submission. Please do not contact JOIN unless you submitted an application and it was not acknowledged. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN values the strengths that a diverse workforce offers and is committed to honoring the dignity of every individual. On behalf of the board, staff, and people we serve at JOIN, thank you for your interest in supporting our mission.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://joinpdx.org →