Kittelson & Associates, Inc. (Kittelson) is seeking a full-time Project Accountant to join a team of dynamic accounting and finance professionals in an effort to support project activities firmwide. This person will be located in our Portland, Oregon office.
About Our Company: Kittelson & Associates, Inc. is a trust‐based organization that provides industry-leading transportation engineering, planning, and research services to government agencies, municipalities, and private organizations. We develop thoughtful and creative transportation solutions that apply directly to real‐world problems, with the goal of improving the performance of all transportation systems. Our staff members practice the firm’s outward‐focused values by leading national transportation research projects, mentoring junior-level staff, providing educational opportunities for industry professionals, and finding ways to improve the value of our work.
We are seeking a project accountant to join our team and work with project managers (internal clients), Kittelson clients (external clients), and peers to generate invoices in compliance with contracts and external client needs and to reinforce effective project financial management. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates a fast-paced, deadline-driven and client-focused environment. This position will be based in our Portland, Oregon, office and will require travel to work out of our Florida office(s) (10% travel annually).
This opportunity includes the following primary responsibilities:
- Set up projects within Deltek Vision (billing software) to ensure compliance with contract and client requirements;
- Create client billing schedules consistent with requests for proposals (RFPs) and contract requirements;
- Execute client billings for Kittelson’s five Florida offices– such billings include complex governmental documentation and filing requirements, e-billing, and a significant volume of invoices;
- Consult and coordinate on a monthly basis with the firm’s project managers on project financial matters;
- Correspond with and coach clients; resolve billing questions and disputes; and
- Connect regularly with peers, as well as with internal and external clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (with both internal and external clients)
- Ability to build relationships with peers and clients
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize internal/external deadlines while ensuring that no pending issues are dropped
- Computer literacy
- Orientation to detail, and ability to produce quality work products
- Proactive and assertive
- Dependable, patient, and trustworthy
- A good sense of judgment, with a knack for problem solving
- Strong desire to learn
- Outward focus, with high level of customer service
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer‐paid health insurance, a generous paid-time-off program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity. Please express interest for this role using the “Apply Now” button on our website: https://www.kittelson.com/careers/project-accountant/.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Kittelson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not face discrimination on the basis of veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.kittelson.com/careers/project-accountant/ →