The Finance and Human Resource Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing the organization’s financial, accounting, IT, and human resource activities. Financial management responsibilities include performing general accounting duties, producing monthly financial statements, coordinating the annual budget, preparing for the annual audit, and working with and overseeing the board. The Human Resource management responsibilities include managing and executing payroll and employee benefits including the 401k, health care, and FSA plans. He/She will manage and maintain the employee handbook and revise as necessary, as well as hiring policies and other related tasks. This position will also coordinate IT and will lead and manage special projects as necessary. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Perform general accounting duties including managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, credit card management, bank reconciliations and month-end transactions.
- Produce regular accounting and other financial reports for staff and board, including monthly financial statements and reports necessary for grants and budget management.
- Manage cash flow and oversee investment / endowment accounts in collaboration with our financial partners and Executive Director.
- Manage Finance Committee and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Attend and report financials at board meetings.
- Prepare for annual audit and work with auditors to complete annual filing of IRS 990.
- Work with Executive Director and Program Directors to produce the annual budget.
- Serve as organizational liaison and maintain relationships with bank, credit card and merchant providers.
- Update and implement all necessary organizational policies and accounting practices; improve the overall financial policy and procedure manual; ensure investment practices are maintained according to organizational policy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and procedures.
- Conduct review and evaluations for cost-management opportunities.
- Execute payroll once a month in coordination with the organization’s payroll provider.
- Coordinate annual employee benefits election and renewal process and administer plans. Serve as liaison to third party vendors administering these plans.
- Identify new benefit opportunities based on staff feedback. Maintain employee handbook, ensuring both legal compliance and that it reflects organizational values and policies. Revise as necessary.
- Manage employee vacation and sick time, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Manage hiring policies and procedures and improve where needed in accordance with organizational values and priorities.
Project Management and Administration
- Coordinate IT systems, ensuring staff have the technology and systems to effectively do their job.
- Liaison with third party IT vendor to provide support when necessary.
- Coordinate annual updates of all insurance policies and Workers Compensation annual reporting.
- Serve as project manager on organizational special projects as necessary.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of managing finances and producing financials in a nonprofit organization.
- Expert in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications.
- Generally fluent with technology.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a successful track record of setting priorities and multitasking in a fast-moving environment.
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage highly confidential information.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with successful outcomes.
- Comfortable in an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org